BCCI News & Updates

who cares. The team was crap anyways. And that stupid league will have those many lesser matches. Good for everybody. I wouldnt be surprised if they kill off KXIP and RR too. And NS, the honorable president of BCCI gives the defending champions a bye to play only the finals and keep winning the trophy again and again.

Kochi didnt pay saying that 25% matches were reduced, so franchise fees shud be reduced.So if clause in agreement/tender stated that BCCI has right to reduce matches, then BCCI wud be right.But if clause is not put, then Kochi wud be right.But overall, I dont know who is right. As anant.del said this whole IPL is wrong 😀

yup. the whole thing is a marketing gimmick. even the BCCI doesnt want people to forget the IPL. Suddenly they will wake up and pull the rabbit out of the hat just to keep the hoopla going. Say Kochi had contended the 25% match reduction thingy why the hell did BCCI say that the breach committed by Kochi has done is irreparable? They merely contested a clause which should have lead to a round table and not a damn unilateral termination.

Team Kochi sucked anyways.Good thing it got axed , End of story lets move on ! :barbershop_quartet_

bump .....smooth .... watching it on bcci.tv and no buffering on mtnl 3G jadoo prepaid in Mumbai

Yeah, i too was suprised at the smooth streaming on my Crappy 512 Kbps BSNL connection

I wonder why Indian viewers have to live with a 5min lag when there is no lag for international viewers and on mobile. The only reason I could think of was perhaps because they wanted to protect Neo's interests. Perhaps people would not have subscribed to Neo on their DTH/IPTV had the streaming been live. Now that it is deferred live many will prefer watching it on Neo instead. Saw they have iPad streaming as well? But couldn't locate any non-flash stream when I visited the website from my iPhone! Anyone watching it on an Apple device? On another note - It's a shitty thing that a sports body enter into broadcasting business. Can't imagine commentators airing any anti-BCCI views knowing that their job is in BCCI'd hands.

Not humor, it looks confirmed news.

Nimbus, which had signed a four-year deal with BCCI in October 2009 for Rs. 2,000 crore, paid Rs. 24 crore on Monday ahead of the working committee meeting. That left an outstanding amount of Rs. 88 crore.

“Not a single series has gone where they have paid the full amount on time. Also another reason is that India’s international commitments at home have finished with the ODI (one-day international) series against the West Indies,” the official said.

BCCI scraps broadcast contract with Nimbus - Marketing and Media - livemint.com

hoping bcci gives broadcasting contract to espnstar, then will able to see all matches held in india (test, ODI, T20) in 1080i through STAR CRICKET HD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!