Barnes & Noble Nook Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 18,481
well Amazon of course aims to profit from their Amazon Prime service and other content services. B&N does not have similar services. Netflix, Hulu Plus and Pandora are unlikely to be paying them to offer their services on this Tablet. the fact remains, these tablets are cheap because Amazon and B&N expect to make money from selling software (ebooks etc) for them. Indian companies do not have this advantage.

Not talking about Indian companies. Take Google for example. If they make(outsource it to Foxconn or a similar chinese vendor) and sell such a phone, they will sell such phones by the bucket loads. And then they will earn revenues from the Android market sales.the current Galaxy nexus won't be a hit because Samsung very cleverly will position it in such a way that it doesn't hurt Galaxy SII.

google originally had plans to sell phones without any support from the carriers. the idea was similar. create cheap phones and make profiles from advertising revenues. it simply does not work like that at least in the US market. you do not get support from carriers in usa, you are labeled an outcast. google eventually had to give him. Galaxy nexus is just the latest example. no unlocked version announced until now. N1 and NS were both announced unlocked and sold at reasonable prices USD 570. if the reports are true unlocked version of GN would be sold at much higher prices.

when the hell did this launched in 16gb model, i saw it for 16k on ebay and i feel depressed that i got Dell streak 7 for same price and nook looks awesome with great battery life, today itself my streak 7 got stuck on boot logo loop and i was scared like hell.:blue: then i googled and found a way to delete user data.and it became fine, i lost my data though.

ohhk.......but i hate streak 7 battery life and its heavy.good that wifey uses it . i cant use it ever. good that she is not a techie.:Boy Zip:

i am almost set to get a tablet for myself. but would probably be getting a model like the transformer prime. with a keyboard attachment and battery life exceeding 15 hours 😕

i do not want to get a traditional netbook. Asus transformer price provides an optional netbook style user experience with the tablet option as well. 😕