• Thread starter Thread starter blr_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,301

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
I have a neighbour's dog that likes to bark between the hrs of 02:00 - 04:00 in the morning.It does not happen everyday but usually twice a week, every week for more than a yr now. The only time the damn mutt shuts up is when it rains. Now with the raining season receeding i'm going to be at the receiving end (again) soon.The worst part is the neighbour lets the dog loose at night so it has the freedom to walk up & down the street and bark at anything it bloody well wants. Needless to say all the other neighbourhood dogs join in the party. When that dog is absent the neighbourhood is dead quiet, there is never any disturbance from any of the other dogs cept this one, which happens to have one of the most annoying barks i ever heard.I have asked the neighbour already politely about this a few times, and the problem goes away for some time and then comes back again. It was even suggested that if i went to bed at an earlier time then this would not bother me, but i don't see why i should alter my behaviour in this case. In any case talking to the neighbour seems to not result in a lasting solution.Going slightly crazy as a result of this...thoughts of the neighbour waking up with their dog's severed head in their bed (a la Godfather) have crossed my mind at many a time.If talking about it does not work then "call the cops" is the last resort. But this causes bad feeling in the long run i feel. Such actions are not usually considered good neighbourly behaviour.Does anyone have any "legal" suggestions on how to tackle such a nuisance.

u should check out with ankur raheja. maybe u can make an anon call. 😉

legal way... hahaha.... yeah I suppose you could take him to court and waste a lot of time and money, not only your own, but also the court's. And even if you win, the dog may die before the case is settled!!! 😉Better yet, place anonymous calls to Maneka Gandhi and PETA and tell her your neighbour molests the dog between 2:00 and 4:00 am. Now only would you get rid of the dog but also your neighbour ^_^ and sure enough no one would f*ck with you in your neighbourhood again!!! :lol:

..reading around the web for similar problems, some said - dogs can be trained *not* to bark at just about everything. This one is in his 40s so i guess there would be prolly be 7+ yrs left in him easy.- others said a barking dog was 99% sign of neglect, maybe there is some way to go to molestation from neglect...hmmm..its a crazy situation here..

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Aug 7 2006, 12:54 AM) [snapback]57831[/snapback]
place anonymous calls to Maneka Gandhi and PETA and tell her your neighbour molests the dog between 2:00 and 4:00 am. Now only would you get rid of the dog but also your neighbour ^_^ and sure enough no one would f*ck with you in your neighbourhood again!!! :lol:
[/b]

That should sure fix it 😉

might not work that well in bangalore.

it could be a case of private nuisance in torts. But then that type of suing is not very fashionable in india, neither do indian courts grant exemplary damages in torts cases like US or UK..and the long drawn legal procedure is sure to be more annoying than that pesky little thing..Wonder how the neighbour manages to get a good nights sleep himself?

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Aug 7 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]57855[/snapback]
Wonder how the neighbour manages to get a good nights sleep himself?
[/b]

therez u're answer buddy thanx to cyberwiz buddie.........ask d owner how d hell does he manages to sleep? not sure but PERHAPS it may work for you too 🤔

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Aug 7 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]57855[/snapback]
Wonder how the neighbour manages to get a good nights sleep himself?
[/b]
Easy, they live slightly inside from the road, whereas mine is facing the road. If the dog barks at my gate, it won't be so loud for them as for me and indeed any others on the street.

The biggest problem i think, is the dog is let loose and has the freedom to go where ever it wants. It's almost like it thinks its looking after the whole street !!

I was surprised to know there are many other neighbours that have dogs, yet their dogs never bark at all during the night since they cannot get out of their compound.

The owners of this dog, do lock their gate but since their wall is low, dog just jumps over. Tying him all night is not a solution, for one its cruel and the dog would yap all night in that case too.

I had suggested a few times they just keep the dog inside the house at night, but it works for a few days and he is back out again soon after.

forget good neighborly behavior. you already talked to them. what else can u do? call the cops next time it starts barking.

talk 1 o' 1 wid d neighbor (in terms of "handle it...............else tone) along with other's "similarly distressed" neighbors (i'm sure u'll find a few if not just passify some of them to accompany you).........numbers matter u' c' 😉