Barfi! (2012)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 10,153
Illeana's actin was good 😀 In south, they just use heroines for baring their bodies.

illena will learn acting here now in hindi cinema , and as a 1st timer in acting she did ok job as a 1st acting movie 😊

a little stretched but nice movie, and music was nice, even when pritam doesnt copy he produces soem fantastic scores :iconrofl:

I'm sure you are loving it. 👍

👍 ???:dont-know:

Good! I have not watched it yet!

C'mon, it was a decent enuf movie for me - And no, i m not telling that just coz of Illeana. Its coz Ranbir & PC too, have acted really well.

I half expected you'd say that 😛

LOL, to be honest I quite like Ranbir. I genuinely hoped I would like this film. However his last two films have been very very bad for me as a viewer. Barfi! was probably worse if not as bad as Rockstar.

This one had so much inconsistency in narration, with Saurabh Shukla being shown in 3 different ages causing confusion as to whether the year is 1972, 1978 or 'present' or something not yet mentioned. Moreover it kept going back and forth and back and forth between 72 and 78 and sometimes the narration mentioned, sometimes it didn't. It was left to the viewer to figure out what is happening. I still didn't get some of the sequences of events.

Add to that the lack of any dialogues, and most of what Ranbir was trying to say I just didn't get, it is hard for someone without knowledge of sign language to understand what he was telling. For instance when he goes to Ileana's house and comes out when he sees her fiance. What was he trying to tell Ileana after his cycle chain snapped. I could just make out 'you are rich, I am poor'. But I am sure there was more that was being told. There were even no subtitles.

The songs were soothing till I saw this film, now they sound jarring, bringing back memories of a terrible film.

C'mon, it was a decent enuf movie for me - And no, i m not telling that just coz of Illeana. Its coz Ranbir & PC too, have acted really well.

While Priyanka seemed to do well, I still wonder why they promoted it as autism, that isn't exactly how autistic people behave.

Overall, this is IMO Ranbir's third Saawariya, Rockstar being the second.

Weird. I specifically told my friend how i can totally understand what ranbir is saying to illeana even though I had no prior knowledge of sign language!

U shud have loved atleast "something" in this movie.....! 😉