Barfi!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 10,113
Well, GoW - frankly speaking, it had mixed reactions amongst locals itself! Many said it was like YUCK movie, and as many people said it was AWESOME. I havent seen it, so wont comment on it, but yeah u cant risk by nominating it when u have mixed reactions amongst locals itself.

The thing is, that the "taste" of the Academy jury may be vastly different from those of the locals. Not many locals liked Salaam Bombay either. A film is nominated based on what the jury may like, and considering the film was deemed "very good" by western critics at Cannes, it had a great chance.

The thing is, that the "taste" of the Academy jury may be vastly different from those of the locals. Not many locals liked Salaam Bombay either. A film is nominated based on what the jury may like, and considering the film was deemed "very good" by western critics at Cannes, it had a great chance.

I didn't like GOW much. I agree it was a hard hitting movie but so are most gangster and mob movies in Hollywood. One thing the westerners would have surely liked was the way poverty slums and lawlessness was depicted. That would have helped.
But that's just me. By the way I wasn't much of a slumdog millionaire fan either.

Clips of Original Videos Copied By Barfi!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSLVVssQUgg

This Article has a collection of Movies from which Anurag Basu had lifted scenes for Barfi.
And Also the Video of Anurag Basu responding to this

Even if they are copied, its not that they tried to hide it. Pretty sure that during the start of the movie, they even showed Charlie Chaplin on the frame. And I think even Ranbir Kapoor said something regarding Charlie Chaplin in an interview. 🙂

Yeah. Instead v shud enjoy the movie and also b happy that the copy was produced well. Even that doesn't happen with us most of the times!

They should have mentioned that the movie was a tribute to so and so at the beginning if that was the intention of the filmmaker. Anyway, it has joined the 100cr club!

cannot stop laughing seeing how easy it is to get into the 100 crore club these days.

Last edited: