Barfi!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 10,114
Illeana.....frankly speaking, i didnt get any chance to notice her acting! 😉

If she had acted it would have been her debut movie (atleast in acting)...

Down south (mostly telugu movies) she specializes in looking gorgeous, cute, etc... I knw many frnds of mine had watched her first telugu movie Devadasu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia only for her... and she was worst (least glam) looking in that movie....

A question to people who have already seen the movie!When Ranbir moves to Kolkota and works in a utensil shop as name carver on utensils and then he learns to write his name from Priyanka. My question is how did he manage to work there in shop when he couldnt write his name?Or am I missing anything?

A question to people who have already seen the movie!

When Ranbir moves to Kolkota and works in a utensil shop as name carver on utensils and then he learns to write his name from Priyanka. My question is how did he manage to work there in shop when he couldnt write his name?

Or am I missing anything?

Generally you write the name on a piece of paper and give it to those people. Had seen it when I was a kid!

Barfi Scenes Inspired/Copied from The Notebook, Charlie Chaplin and Other Movies | Tanqeed Bollywood Forum

here are the 'inspirations' in barfi movie.

Surprised as to how many movies our directors have to watch to direct a movie, I guess they could as well put some creativity!

Regarding the background music, with Pritam in music department you can never be sure that it is original 😛

Torture happened with me 😕

I was gone with a colleague to watch delhi belly (2nd time) and every time he was laughing he use to say OHH GOD! OHH MY GOD!

Embarrassing :anger3:

Delhi Belly was my worst experience, had gone to watch this movie with a female friend, ended up explaining her many parts of the movie as she did not get the jokes, had to bear with weird looks from the people sitting around 🙁

If she had acted it would have been her debut movie (atleast in acting)...

Down south (mostly telugu movies) she specializes in looking gorgeous, cute, etc... I knw many frnds of mine had watched her first telugu movie Devadasu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia only for her... and she was worst (least glam) looking in that movie....

But it surely wasnt a disappointment in this movie! 😀

A question to people who have already seen the movie!

When Ranbir moves to Kolkota and works in a utensil shop as name carver on utensils and then he learns to write his name from Priyanka. My question is how did he manage to work there in shop when he couldnt write his name?

Or am I missing anything?

These sort of "anomolies" are always there in any movie. If we start counting them, we wud be avoiding each and every movie - Bollywood, Hollywood etc! 😛

Hahaha!! V have discussed the movie in too much detail it seems! 😀

Moindear is right , trying to recall but i saw something like on his desk.

Nice simple comedy in 1st half that is really diff from what we see these days. Paisa vasool! :thumbup:

yeah. hate when you end up with a noisy crowd in a movie theater. i want to yell at them at times. but living in gurgaon, you never know the other guy might have a pistol in pocket 😀

this got several likes. reminded me of a quote from firefly i have not posted here on the forum yet.

If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

haha..true that!

The film has also been nominated as India's entry for the Oscars.

'Barfi!' nominated as India's entry at the Oscars in Foreign Language Film category | NDTV.com

"Barfi is the Indian entry to the Oscars. We selected it to represent the country out of 20 films," Supran Sen, secretary general of the Film Federation of India, told PTI.

[CONSPIRACY THEORY MODE] I smell Bong favouritism. [/CONSPIRACY THEORY MODE]

On a serious note, as much as I liked the movie, GoW would have been a better choice. Was really appreciated at Cannes.