• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 2,390

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
Looking to get a new bank account for my senior citizen mom (and maybe myself and brother too if service is good). She is fully dependant on me to operate, so looking for something which would require minimum branch visit (none preferably), generally good online facilities, no unnecessary fees like debit card, sms - usage is just saving and maybe even virtual debit card would do

P.S - terrible service with hdfc(i think it's branch issue mainly), hence closing that account.

Open the bank account in the same bank you yourself do banking in. You may have a relationship officer, so they will make your life easier by coming to your home and collecting documents and all. I opted for HDFC for the same reason.

Edit

Read your experience with HDFC after making the post. 🤐

Last edited:
Ah Im unemployed but they still let me in (no video kyc either weirdly enough) so not sure.

There is a salary account upgrade option in the app though

They have recently introduced (2-3 months back) student account and I am using that
I haven't done video kyc yet but I can use the account fully

Stick with ICICI or HDFC. If you keep 25-50k most card fees and stuff becomes free. Small new banks are really bad when you need any proper support.

Most stuff can be done online these days even with PSU bank.

HDFC branch near my house has been terrible near my house for years now. Anything submitted in paper never gets processed.

One option is shifting branch to another one nearby. Even icici experience has been very middling at best. Let's see

if you have indusind locally, visit the branch and check how friendly the staff is. their branch in my local market is very popular with old folks. they do have issues but for regular requirement, they are a very good option.

My area is banking hub. I have around 20 banks under a kilometre distance and yeah indusind is one of the "farthest" away at 1 km.

ah well. best to find an account that is on walking distance perhaps if you have so many options!

Right, but one of the ideas is that there should not be a need to, as it's for my mom and really there are not much services to be availed of. Less disturbance and manageable by me or other family members online is primarily what we are looking for.

One other problem with hdfc was that they changed banking to classic or something etc multiple times and we had to run behind to correct it, linking aadhar etc took multiple visits and charging random fees ,sms and they have forced debit card fee , for a card which is never used (they no longer seem to have free atm or rupay debit card for their savings account) . Failure to upgrade to better account, despite multiple visits and submitting docs.

Now, i am being suggested to try shifting branch as well, i have 3 hdfc banks in a km distance.