Bangalore HSR Layout Broadband Tragedy

• Thread starter Thread starter adityeah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 34,325
Please advice. I will appreciate a quick response as I have to decide on this asap!

Please reply people!

You have no option. 3G is the only thing left. Get a dongle and a router. Any budget for the equipment ?

So I guess I will have to go with airtel 3g dongle. I am thinking of going for the airtel 1731 dongle. Plan, I prefer to have 10-12 GB per month but Airtel is too costly so I guess i will have to curtail. They have a 950 "unlimited" plan where they give a usage of 6 GB and post 6 GB, a speed of 128 kbps. I wonder how would that 128 kbps speed be: it would take me to the old dial up days, isnt it?

Yes I will need to buy a router. I think my budget would be around 3k. I might have to sell my existing Netgear though. Any suggestions? Also, please do comment on the post 6 GB usage speed of 128 kbps.

Don't buy dongles from telecom companies (Airtel, aircel etc) since if you don't get required speeds .. you won't be able to use that dongle with another sim.

Buy a dongle from ebay separately

Also, please do comment on the post 6 GB usage speed of 128 kbps.

Yes. It sucks. Actually 3g connections are no replacement for broadband connection. They're supposed to be Secondary connections.

since reliance people offered Wimax connection .. why don't you give it a go?

Don't buy dongles from telecom companies (Airtel, aircel etc) since if you don't get required speeds .. you won't be able to use that dongle with another sim.

Buy a dongle from ebay separately

Yes. I get it. But then it hit me. I'll spend 2k on the dongle and then 3k at the router. Won't it make sense for me to then go for Airtel 4g lte? The biggest bottleneck for that is the hardware price of Rs.8000. But the guy is willing to give it for Rs.6000. Won't that make sense?

since reliance people offered Wimax connection .. why don't you give it a go?

Because of the price. Have you seen that? They are offering a 1 Mbps connection for a whopping Rs.2000 per month. And for Rs.1000 per month you get half the speed!

yea .. but airtel throttles speed and video streaming. Would you be comfortable knowing that if you dont like their service .. you would be stuck with their 6000rs worth hardware?

Because of the price. Have you seen that? They are offering a 1 Mbps connection for a whopping Rs.2000 per month. And for Rs.1000 per month you get half the speed!
I didn't knew abt their plans

Right. If you're looking for proper data limits , get an mtnl3g sim and use it on bsnl's network. 😀Get a dongle for 1200 from eBay And the Asus rt n13u for 2.7k. Enjoy 😉

Hathway has service in HSR 3rd sector. Decent one. Hardly few downtime. Customer care actually answer your call.

Moved to a new place in HSR 2nd Sector. Hathway did not have service there, hence I had to switch to a new service provider. Guess what? I get 10Mbps unlimited, no FUP for 1100+ 🙂 Since I rent their modem also its 1200+. Evenings connection speeds will be around 7- 8 Mbps. Haven't checked during the day. BB given by a local cablewala, powered by BBNL.

I've been in HSR layout for a long time (Sector 2, and Sector 7). Airtel is present there everywhere. Maybe at the time you had asked, they might not have had ports free. Ask again, and this time tell them that you want to take a new 8 mbps connection. They'll definitely give you a connection.

May be you should try this :-Speed - upto 7.2 Mbps (3g)USB Data Card: Rs. 1399Plan :- 15 GB unlimitedRs. 1200Upto 15 GBPost that speeds @64 kbps

The same tragedy continues till now....Can any one help me getting a broadband connection with minimum of 2 mbps constant speed through out the day/night in HSR sector 3.
Airtel, Reliance, Hathway, Act broadband, youbroadband - NA
Tikona - I dont want.

Same Here ... Guys Did any one in HSR Tried Airtel 4g wifi router , The dealer paramesh said 3 -4 people have taken it in couple of weeks .. Can some one please share their experience with airtel 4g wifi....

I have already tried Relinace Dongle and Tikona... If you are taking TIKONA ... consider urself screwed up... 🙂

ANAWANTU said:
The same tragedy continues till now....Can any one help me getting a broadband connection with minimum of 2 mbps constant speed through out the day/night in HSR sector 3.
Airtel, Reliance, Hathway, Act broadband, youbroadband - NA
Tikona - I dont want.
Sunil D M said:
Same Here ... Guys Did any one in HSR Tried Airtel 4g wifi router , The dealer paramesh said 3 -4 people have taken it in couple of weeks .. Can some one please share their experience with airtel 4g wifi....

I have already tried Relinace Dongle and Tikona... If you are taking TIKONA ... consider urself screwed up... 🙂

Go for TTN, its a fibre optic, local provider, but well maintained and useful too. 10 Mbps at 1K.
check out for different plans. Service is good. and they provide their own equipment. FTTH it is.