Bangalore Airtel 4G Speedtest & Review

Guess it isn't feasible then. They wouldn't change the status otherwise. If you're still interested, you could go to the nearest csc

As I know, the Huawei B593 only support 4G LTE network, you can't use it in a area without 4G signal.

abhinav said:
Thanks for the detailed review. Pretty helpful !

Anyone using 4G LTE in HSR Layout (around BDA complex) ? I would love to get some first hand info regarding the reliability in this area (speed is not that much of a concern for me, anything above 1 mbps is fine).
Not sure if the coverage is available but contact Airtel & they should be able to give you a Demo of the connection even before you buy it. *Check your messages, i've sent some more additional info*

paul968 said:
As I know, the Huawei B593 only support 4G LTE network, you can't use it in a area without 4G signal.
Yes, i can confirm this. The global B593 model does have 2g/3g backward compatibility but Airtel's apparently does not

^^Thanks Madhusudhan ! Good info, will go for a demo. Looks like device price for dongle dropped to 2.5k as well ! The wireless router is still at 5k though.

@madhusudhan7 : how did you manage to get the dongle at just Rs. 2.5 k ? Airtel website shows full price as 8k and discounted price as 4.5k 🙂 I am probably getting a demo at home on Thursday morning in Pune, so wanted to ask if there is anything I can do or say to get the same price here.

I paid 5k pal. Abhinav was referring to 2.5k

had to remove the screenshots of mmm illegal media downloads. please replace it with ubuntu iso download or something similar...

and you are trying to cover the "illegal media downloads" or exaggerating it ? Could sent a PM after deleting .. lol or at-lest delete your post

i just do not like people leaving mhm evidence of their media downloads that can be considered as illegal in some countries.

i just do not like people leaving mhm evidence of their media downloads that can be considered as illegal in some countries.

Agreed, sometimes we even fail to realize that leeching out of sites like youtube is illegal(as per their terms). A good reminder that one can't forget for a lifetime 🙂

Hey is it possible to take a 4G airtel sim and use it in Huawei E3131 data card? 🙂 and does 4G airtel sim card cost only 50rs?

Hey is it possible to take a 4G airtel sim and use it in Huawei E3131 data card? 🙂 and does 4G airtel sim card cost only 50rs?

It should be possible to use Airtel's 4g SIM on any 4g data card which supports 2300mhz network, I can also confirm that the settings are same as for 3g network but I'm not sure if you can buy a 4g SIM separately. Visit the nearest service for more info

Ok, I just for an update from the Airtel guy that sold me this connection, you can buy a separate 4g SIM only for Rs.50 but he wasn't sure if E3131 would work on Airtel's network. Can you post the complete model number along with all the extensions of that data card

Hi,I am facing issues in purchasing smartbytes.Originally subscribed for 18gb FUP, but have exhausted it recently a week before scheduled end of cycle.Upon attempting to purchase smart bytes, it reads package not available.Has anyone faced same issue?Also what is the helpline number for 4g? i called 18001030405, and it say due to technical upgrade the service is not available.raj.