Bangalore Airtel 4G Speedtest & Review

Could not take those horrible speeds anymore, used Smartbytes & upgraded but speed for the moment is pretty low:

The speed of both 3G & 4G depends on the number of people connected to the same base station (Cell Tower).So as more and more people sign up for this service the speeds will ............ :cursing:But 30 Mbps+ is impressive for the time being :struggle:

Speeds are finally back to normal:

Forgot to post snap shot of Airtel 4g Smartbytes from earlier today:

One dumb question.How to insert SIM Card in Huawei E392 USB Data Card?The SIM card is always popping out and not sticking inside.

One dumb question.

How to insert SIM Card in Huawei E392 USB Data Card?
The SIM card is always popping out and not sticking inside.

Can't find the manual for E392 anywhere on the internet !
not even on Huawei's own website, i guess you should call Airtel now

Can't find the manual for E392 anywhere on the internet !
not even on Huawei's own website, i guess you should call Airtel now

Yeah, i already did my findings.
I thought existing users of this model data card would assist me.

Sorry pal, I took the Airtel CPE / Router. Model # B593. Why don't you contact Airtel

Test 4G Router : Huawei B593
  The Chinese vendor Huawei is embraced by both Telenor and Netcom equipment supplier to the development of the mobile network. But they also make products in the other end of the connection, both small USB devices and wireless router we have on the test bench: Huawei B593.The box itself is a bit larger than most broadband routers we have tested in the past.It is white and blue plastic, and is designed to standing. reverse side has four ports for wired networks that supports 100 Mbit. There are two RJ11 connectors labeled TEL1 and TEL2 for connecting the "real" phone, and a USB connector.

There's even a USB connector on one side of Huawei B593, the on / off switch and the column on the SIM card is inserted. On the other hand, we find a multi button that acts as both reset, WLAN on / off and WPS setup (Wireless Protected Setup)

On the back of Huawei B593 there is a cover that hides two antenna connectors. These are not always necessary to use, but it comes with two antennas as standard. These are a little longer and flatter than the ones we see on other routers.

It is also possible to connect the larger external antennas, here's the special dealers with expertise in such installations. However, they can be quite expensive, expect a few thousand for a complete installation.

Installation
  Easier than this can hardly be an installation. Mon inserting the SIM card, turn on the router and wait for all symbols on, log into the router from the browser in your computer with the information on the back. You will go to basic setup where you enter your PIN. So you just have to wait a few long seconds the router has made ​​contact with the 4G network. then you are on the network with the default settings that are behind the router. We are talking about the username, password, WLAN name (SSID) and ditto password, which you often change their own. then simply connect PCs and other wired network devices to the four ports, then you are going to home network.Since ports only support 100 Mbit we have chosen to use a separate Gigabit switch for all wired devices, from here there is a cable to the router itself. When running the local network at Gigabit speeds, while the Internet is via 100 Mbit port on the router. 100 Mbit is also the maximum of the router--Huawei B593 can handle from 4G network, so the bottleneck is no matter outside the user's area. router has all the usual features, it includes support for USB storage on the memory connector or SSD / HDD to USB enclosure. The connectors support USB 2.0 make sure you do not get full speed from the drives and SSDs. You set up users and access to storage devices. There is also support for up to 4 separate wireless network with each SSID. You can create separate wireless networks for guests, bedsit dwellers, youth and so on, which are isolated from each other, but everyone has access to the internet. router also causes statistics on traffic.This is important when you have limited quota that can be downloaded / up subscription.
Huawei B593 In use
  Compared with a limp 3 Mbit/300Kbit ADSL line which we have been referred to the difference is huge. Everything snaps into place in the browser when browsing, downloading has never been better, upload photos to online services is a snap, videos start immediately - all jolly hockey sticks! Measurements with DinSide Surfometer give varying results, but we have never measured below 20 Mbit in our residential Høybråten at the top of Groruddalen.It plays the local wireless coverage in, since it falls with distance. measured with desktop PC connected to the router with a cable we lay between 40 and 80 Mbps download and 30 Mbps around the upload.
  This beats most other solutions both in speed and price! Especially uploading makes this solution clearly preferable for those who work with online solutions and send large files, images, etc. But even those who upload nonsense to Facebook to enjoy the superior upload speed. The only thing that can compete is the fiber network, which has the same speed in both directions. With the iPhone, iPad and other WLAN solutions will not rate as high, but 20 Mbit down and around 15 Mbit up is not bad on the iPhone 4 with WLAN, performance with the iPad is considerably higher. , we also measured down the center of Oslo, in our editorial offices Storgaten. There we were far lower speeds under 20 Mbps download and 10 and 15 Mbps on the upload. But this is still very good speeds housed mostly.
WLAN speeds
  The wireless part of the home network is more ordinary caliber, but the range is good.It only supports 2.4 GHz and two streams.
  Compared with the best routers have speed more than approved, the range is the weakest side. Possibly this can be increased by installing a pair of external antennas, but it did not come with the router. We did not have any on hand. Need faster wireless, you can use a wireless dual-band router with support for 5 GHz and multiple streams for improved WLAN performance and set this up as an interest access point and disable the router function.
Conclusion-- Huawei B593
  This solution is an excellent alternative to wired broadband. Speeds vary between very good and impressive, and the only thing that surpasses the performance of the retail market are fiber network, but at a higher price. Solution is very easy to get started, and no more complicated than other routers if you want to customize and adapt the solution of specific applications. subscription price of competitive, especially if you also need fast upload speeds, when you are on the same level as with fiber. A limited data allowance has been barrier for many. We even sat on 4G fence over a year, waiting on both a router solution and that the quota should be removed or increased substantially. Finally, both would have been fulfilled, and we give the solution a good fiver.

How is that even Possible? I get like some 2 bars at my home! 🙁 Uplead and download is about 8 Mbps.. 🙁What Should I do?

How is that even Possible? I get like some 2 bars at my home! 🙁 Uplead and download is about 8 Mbps.. 🙁
What Should I do?

Try to get the antenna if you are using the Airtel B593 CPE - should improve the signal from what i know but not sure if this is available directly in India. You can check 'Dealextreme dot com' or 'focalprice dot com' for products shipped from china

& if you have a USB modem then check if you can use a antenna with that model

BTW go through this before you buy anything: External Antenna for Netcom Huawei B593 4G Router

Thanks for the detailed review. Pretty helpful !Anyone using 4G LTE in HSR Layout (around BDA complex) ? I would love to get some first hand info regarding the reliability in this area (speed is not that much of a concern for me, anything above 1 mbps is fine).

^ in that it case, why would you want lte?

Airtel Broadband network "feasibility" is supposedly not there. Someone else mentions ports are not available. Have been fighting to get my existing BB transferred but did not happen (just moved into this locality).

BSNL : Have applied, not yet received any response.

There is this Tirumala Cable Internet but completely unreliable.

Currently on Airtel 3G dongle, which is fine if I sit at one place and work. Also their best plan is with 6 GB FUP after which speed goes down to 128kbps. That is an issue. My usage will be around 6-9 gb, not a very high user. Also connection sharing is not an option with dongle. I would like to go with a router based solution.

Heard good things about ACT, but they don't have any coverage here.

So to sum up, Airtel 4G LTE does seem to fulfill my requirements :

* Wireless Modem
* 9 GB Limit (1399/- plan)

As long as it is reliable.

Any other suggestions ?

(Sorry if this became OT, can start a separate thread).

Apply for bsnl via udaan.bsnl.co.in

How had you applied before?

Yes this is how I had applied. Status was moved to infeasible without any details. Have raised a complaint via same site for more details ..