[*]nLayer Communications
[*]Charter Business
[*] tata communications
[*]CenturyLink
[*]Deutsche Telekom
[*]Integra Telecom Inc.
[/list]I wonder How USA has so many?:bad:

ha ha.
Every US born child gets an iPhone as its toy. They are not just used to deal but they rely on gadgets for their daily activities.
They got good education system which attracts lots of international students every year and most of students go their to study computer science. Then, they settle down there. If you search on google, you will know that most top companies and us government give grant to universities for research purpose. You may also find that most employees in big companies like google, facebook are from Asia (Chinese).

At end, they got high tech data centers, high tech technologies in computer market and most important most of web servers about 80% are located in USA.

Let me tell you that my friend have ordered 19inch lcd monitor from US two years ago probably in 2009 and it was delivered by his relative. It cost him 3k in INR with out custom duty. If we find market price of it at here, you know it.

^ i guess it ws customs duty and not customer duty.anyway's at topic.....about US i think BW whole seller explosion occurred not due to mkt. size but wrong economics and early advent of a particular technology.It will not matter much if the no. was 6 or 7 (of course not like India's 2-3), prices would have had been same... that was wrong economics/too much competition.technology was DWDM which made all the redundant fiber virtually useless.India analogy for that will be the telecom space where we have too many players and prices came down like hell.:vamplaser:

1. BSNL isn't a technically a wholesaler. They only resell Airtel/Tata/Reliance bandwidth.2. Comcast & TWC don't really wholesale either - they peer domestically but they don't carry International bandwidth like most of the others in the list do.3. You're missing a few US carriers, including some of the biggest like NTT, Reach and PCH.4. There are so many because of the dot-com bubble several years ago. No new cables have been built from the US for several years until one project was started only a few months back (to shave off something like 6ms on a London-NYC route or something). Many of the cables operate at a loss.

1. BSNL isn't a technically a wholesaler.

I think they own EIG now.. and they can be called as Wholesalers?

3. You're missing a few US carriers, including some of the biggest like NTT, Reach and PCH.
My bad, I thought Comcast has an international cable?
Anyways thanks for correcting me..

----------

4. There are so many because of the dot-com bubble several years ago. No new cables have been built from the US for several years until one project was started only a few months back (to shave off something like 6ms on a London-NYC route or something). Many of the cables operate at a loss.
Yep, I've been noticing that... There are many cable built towards European countries.. I think reliance is building one directly to usa?

I think they own EIG now.. and they can be called as Wholesalers?

Ah, right, they must have brought in after Bharti. My bad. That would explain a whole lot, actually.

Still, their rates are too high... they offered me Rs40 lakhs per STM (no particular cable or anything, just generically some bandwidth), which is too high.

My bad, I thought Comcast has an international cable?
Anyways thanks for correcting me..

Not AFAIK.

Yep, I've been noticing that... There are many cable built towards European countries.. I think reliance is building one directly to usa?

From India? Not AFAIK, but I may be wrong.

Ah, right, they must have brought in after Bharti. My bad. That would explain a whole lot, actually.

Still, their rates are too high... they offered me Rs40 lakhs per STM (no particular cable or anything, just generically some bandwidth), which is too high.

May be their rates are high... But i Treat them as a Wholesaler... Basically we have 4 wholesalers now..

ha ha.
Every US born child gets an iPhone as its toy. They are not just used to deal but they rely on gadgets for their daily activities.
They got good education system which attracts lots of international students every year and most of students go their to study computer science. Then, they settle down there. If you search on google, you will know that most top companies and us government give grant to universities for research purpose. You may also find that most employees in big companies like google, facebook are from Asia (Chinese).

At end, they got high tech data centers, high tech technologies in computer market and most important most of web servers about 80% are located in USA.

Let me tell you that my friend have ordered 19inch lcd monitor from US two years ago probably in 2009 and it was delivered by his relative. It cost him 3k in INR with out customer duty. If we find market price of it at here, you know it.

I hate to say that it's true,my friend....!! 🙂
I hate to say that....i'm one of the guys...who is trying to get settled in Overseas.....!! :/
I'm sorry India...!! 🙁

^ i guess it ws customs duty and not customer duty.
:vamplaser:
Oh I'm sorry. It is custom duty. I have written by mistakenly.

Seems like some one has joined the party!
AS45334 AIRCEL-AS-AP Dishnet Wireless Limited Inetnet Service Provider Chennai

Dishnet is now wholesaler? I have noticed they are selling Wholesale bandwidth to Emerging Data centre's in India.

Global telecom service provider Telstra International on Tuesday said it would start offering national long distance, international long distance and Internet services in India by March next.

We will start our operations in Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune. The customer support centre will be located in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai,” he added.
http://www.thehindu.com/business/article2589257.ece

Are They Launching 4G or Wireline?

From where and how ISP's buy bandwidth in Kolkata? In Kol no ISP provide >4 Mbps whereas in Hyderabad Beam Provides >20Mbps, why is this variation?

It's pretty much the same nationwide - Tata, Bharti, Reliance are the big 3 for international capacity on submarine cablesCable & Wireless International PLC (now owned by Vodafone PLC), Pacnet, PCCW & Telstra are also there but ultimately they're sub-leasing space on the submarine cables from one of the big 3.Tulip, Sify & Railtel provide lots of domestic (inter-city) capacity as well but like C&W, Pacnet and Telstra also can resell from the international providers.Alliance buys primarily from Tata but also a bit from Vodafone - in fact, so does Beam.

Okay.. Can you provide me a rough idea about the cost of Bandwidth brought from Tata Communication, Airtel, Reliance since you have your own ISP. Actually I've a plan to setup an ISP in future so just asking for information gathering.

How can you set up an ISP on your own, you will have to invest in lakhs or even crores of rupees, you can't single handedly build an ISP, it's not so simple, it requires many months of patience and undestanding, you require many people working for it, live in reality brother.