bandwidth monitoring tools and utilities

trivisingh

[OP]
Jun 25, 2005
I have finally decided to keep track of my internet traffic, what with all the posts about MTNL billing going haywire. can anybody suggest a good bandwidth monitor tool that will let me know my daily / monthly uploads and downloads and not too heavy on the system resourses also.

akash

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 18, 2005
inspiredORANGE

get ur total as per day (in hours) , in month , year

good software

download it from here :p

n if u want the serial pm me or mail me

GAURAV7777

Regular
Regulars
Dec 15, 2004
ya man dumeter just uses 4 megs of ram on my system

chicmagnet

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 29, 2005
hm i`m looking for one tha would show me hourly downloads. i mean break up the download into how many mb`s done every hour.. .. any softie ?

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
right now on my system bwmeter is consuming 4220K ie 4.12 MBdumeter and bwmeter both show hourly downloads. Bwmeter has also got filters which allow u to exclude the data downloaded b/w 12 to 8 am so that u can find out how much out of 500 MB u hv consumed (for dsl NU)It is also excellent for Lan based ISP's like sify n hotwire coz u can specify the local ip range and it will not record the data packets hitting ur lan card as data transferred over internet..all others like dumeter show a constant download and upload of around 3 kbps on sify n hotwire even if u are not using the net.

chicmagnet

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 29, 2005
huh? i have been using dumeter for such a long time ... it only shows daily, monthly and hourly downloads.. i`ll chk agaain.. lolll.