Bajaj V

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
‘The Invincible’ Bajaj V launched, to be priced around Rs 60K-70K

INS Vikrant, India’s famed aircraft carrier, may no longer rule the waves but bikers can still ride this piece of the defence history. Bajaj V, a tourer bike made from the erstwhile navy ship’s metal body, was launched on Monday.
Though the exact cost of the two-wheeler was not revealed, Bajaj hinted that the bike will feature a Rs 60,000-Rs 70,000 price tag when it hits the showrooms by March.
Powered by a sturdy 150cc DTSi engine that has proved successful in the Pulsar, Avenger and Discover, Bajaj has designed this baby to blend the philosophy behind tourer motorcycles with the commuters’ concept of motorcycles.

0YQHz59.jpg

Reactions: SVK
Bajaj V 150cc bike introduced in India; to go on sale in March 2016

As mentioned earlier, the Bajaj V is made of the Indian Navy’s first aircraft carrier – INS Vikrant – that has served the nation for almost 4 decades. Known for its crucial role in 1971 Indo-Pak war, INS Vikrant is hailed as the ‘war hero of 1971’. The icon was finally decommissioned in 1997, preserved as a museum ship till 2012 and was sent to be scraped in January 2014.
In the words of Bajaj Auto, “For decades, she remained invincible bravely guarding our seas. However in 2014, this iconic war hero was sent to the scrapyard. But we, at Bajaj, were determined not to let history fade away into oblivion. So we took INS Vikrant’s metal, melted it and gave it a new face – Bajaj V.”

An aircraft carrier has been scrapped to make these bikes.

Design looks refreshing. Engine looks underpowered but then its an commuter. Hone another version liike V40 is in works

Thats another great launch this year. Its been leaked so many times past year that yesterdays launch felt boring 😀 Though it only produces 25bh with 400cc engine, the power is said to be across the band and thats main point for an adventurer tourer. People bash RE for not innovating enough and when It does, they still bash it anyways.

heh. anwyays RE ceo basically said it will be an niche product and not expected to sell at classic and thunderbird volumes.

Anything for marketing BC. Their only achievement is Dtsi i.e. using twin spark plug in an engine. Though your bike won't start if even one is giving problem. Chutzpaaa co hai.

why is the image looking photoshopped to me. i guess the plastic surgery on his face is so much that i am getting confused.

haha. But for real, this bike really looks good in person. If only it had more powerful engine, I would have got one asap