Do you prefer ACT fibernet if you are not able to do your work

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well. The regulations require them to provide 80% of the speeds till their node. After that it's no longer under their control.

Thanks for replying. 🙂 That is the reason why I had tested same servers using multiple connections non-ACT and say better speeds with all other.

If you list the server locations and names, maybe other users can add to this discussion with their results.

Good point. I will put them down here. I am sure we can compare results and figure it out.

This has been discussed before. The issue is not their international connection. ...

That is actually good to hear, implies that it is a problem with my area (Koramangala, Bengaluru) and not ACT at large. The only concern is that this has been the case with my home connection for over last 6 months and problem in our office ACT connection since the day it was installed (roughly 3-4 months.) I will try and strongly voice the point to their Customer Care and mention the possible cause that you suggested. Again, thanks for the insight.

I get 60-100mbps to Asia servers including Japan and Taiwan etc. Europe and the US are more like 10-50 which is fine for sequential downloads in my eyes.

Of course, if I use a multithreaded or p2p protocols I nearly always get the full 100MBps to anywhere.

I am an ACT customer and I referred my friend from ACT portal for new ACT connection. My friend got the new connection and now ACT is not giving me referral bonus. I have been calling them several times but they are simply giving so many useless and unprofessional reasons.

Even my friend raised a complain that he got the connection thru my referral but still I am not able to get. In simple words they cheated me.

So from next month me and my friend are changing to Airtel.

So guys please be aware of ACT Fibernet.

I have received three referral bonus of 500 each so far. Your ID must be mentioned when your friend fills and signs the application form.

Edit - Admin removed the post above me lol.

I decided to test those. Unfortunately they require Java and Flash so I had to spin up a VM.

Latency depends on distance so I really don't know what you're talking about there. Anyway, I think you should call and talk to an engineer.

Last edited:
Getting services from ACT broadband was probably a very poor decision that I made. I paid for 6 months connection and for 1 Router, but no person came to install the router. Worst part is that there were many times when their people used to provide a time for installation, and nobody used to visit my house at that time. This led to wastage of my time as I had to postpone my work for these pathetic company. I am fed up of ACT, horrible that I went for a company like ACT which works like a typical government company of India. Guys please go for anything but ACT, their services are horrible. Even though Airtel and all are costly, at least they have some basic standards.

Hi All,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

My Customer Id is 101011226798. I have got the router now, after you guys gave a new visit time for the 4th time. There is a new problem now. I had initially paid the 6 month's charges for A-Max 410 connection, alongwith router's cost. Despite that I have got an SMS that there is an ebill generated and I have to pay Rs. 7, by 10th June, 2016. How is that possible when I have already paid the amount for 6 months? So, guys think about all these hassles when you think of taking a new ACT connection.

My ACT a/c number is 1496970.
I applied for a new connection on 26th May 2016 by making the required payments. It was promised that the connection will be activated by 30th May.
Its more than 10 days and till now the connection has NOT been activated. The person who took my application is Dipankar, with ACT employee ID 18382. I have called him several times regarding the issue. But of no use.
Engineer in charge of my connection with mobile # 9513334047. I have called this number at least 15-20 times in the past 1 week. He keeps giving silly excuses and totally UN-proffessional.
I tried to reach the helpdesk. They just log a ticket and ask to wait for 3 days. I have not received any response till now.

Its a shame on ACT for pathetic service even for a new connection. I would like to cancel the connection if it is not done in next 2 days

13 days gone. still no connection. Few more calls and ACT person promises, it will be done by tomorrow 100%. Based on previous experience, I am quite sure he will not keep that promise. Lets see.

Finally got the connection yesterday evening. It took 13 days from the date of application.
Quite happy with the browsing speed so far.