Do you prefer ACT fibernet if you are not able to do your work

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys,

I again faced the same issue last night and finally decided to move out of ACT today..

I think if u are very sad someday and want to laugh call them and enjoy the show.

I had last night with there manger or someone and excuse was "Sir ur area doesnt seems to have electricity because of which router is not working"

So i told him My bad i have electicity in my room and whole area but ur router is not getting enough electricity out of that BESCOM fault 😀.

Anyways finally i am getting out of ACT Fibernet .... Can anyone share any gud service provider for the internet service in BTM area..

look for spectranet or you broadband ,but i can't guarantee you that they will be better than act ,most of my friends in btm use act and didn't have any issue similar to yours

Hi,

I have paid an excess amount of 500 to ACT as per their wrong bill.Then I spoke with customer care regarding this for around 7 to 8 times but each time they sent the same wrong bill.Then I went to their Indiranagar branch discussed the same with manager as well as with accountant and they agreed for that and they told that they will adjust the amount in the next month,but again it did not happen.
I do not know what to do.This is a very bad experience for a customer who is using ACT connection for almost last 2 years.

Dear Raveendra,

Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Warm Regards,
ACT Fibernet

My account Id: 1371692.
I got my new ACT broadband connection activated on 17 Jan 2016. Since then my internet connection went down for 4th time. Last time my internet went down on 31st Jan 2016. Since then 4 days have been passed still my internet connection is not restored. First I registered complaint on 31st Jan (Request no 0007513375), I was told that it will be resolved within 4 hours. Forget about 4 hours, its already 4 days since my connection is down. I have been following up with them 2-3 times on daily basis (and hell they do not have toll free number, every time I was charge 10 to 15 bucks to call them). ACT customer care won't bother to follow up with customer. Every time you have to follow up with them and they assure you that ticket will be resolved within 24 hours.
On 2nd Feb I got message that Request no 0007513375 has been resolved, I checked but there was no connectivity for me. Again I called the customer care, they told there is another connectivity issue and registered a complaint (Request no 0007546757) and told me that it will be resolved within 24 hours. Now its over 2 days but still it is not resolved. If you call the customer care, they tell that they do not have any info about the time to resolve this issue. What the hell is this? Such a disgusting and pathetic service. If you can not provide the proper service then you should not have followed up at the time when I was looking for connection. Initially when you go for new connection everyone will follow you up, once you pay then they are done with their job. Then why the hell they think customer should pay for. I am still regretting my decision of going for ACT instead of AIRTEL broadband. If my connectivity issue is not resolved, I will discontinue this connection and will go to consumer court against ACT.

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T GO FOR ACT CONNECTION. POOR CONNECTIVITY, PATHETIC SERVICE. WHAT'S THE USE OF GOING FOR ISP WHICH DO NOT PROVIDE YOU INTERNET HALF OF DAYS IN A MONTH.

After I have given the complaint number above, why still there is no call or follow-up from ACT broadband for 4 days now? This shows the quality of ACT support system and also the empty words from ACT team. I still have not heard any response from ACT team on why they presented the check for collection despite cancelling the connection request and asking them to return my check and other documents (even after a week)?
Sriram

Hello Sriram, this is how these greedy domestic companies are man. Once they get your money and business they show their true colors. You need to sue them and take them to court man. Sue their pants off. They will quake in their pants for indulging in illegal cheating activities. The court will uphold you. They will try to settle with you of court. But remember vengeance is sweeter than money. Do not settle and go for class action lawsuit. Bring this worthless trash managed company down man. They have to rue the day they decided to enter this business and they should lose all their profits and no working capital to pay all their worthless employees and they should start looking for new jobs. That's the way to do it.

Hello,

ACT claims 100mbps connection. What they actually guarantee is 100mbps "last mile" connection speed from their nodes. If you ask any ACT representative why your internet is slow, they will ask you to visit speedtest.net - which would invariably show 100 mbps. This is because ACT themselves host a speedtest.net server and the speed shown is just the speed to that server, which is in all probability, less than 10 kilometres away from your house.

Last week I performed a test. I selected a few distant servers in speedtest.net (in USA, Europe, UAE, etc.) and decided to run some tests. Here are the results. All taken with full connection capability of the router and computer. It took a lot of effort to get these readings and configuration at multiple friend's places.

Connections:
1. ACT 100mbps on Airport Extreme AC network. (2 locations)
2. Airtel 4G LTE half network strength (poor connection) on iPhone 6. (1 location only)
3. Airtel wired 6mbps broadband on Airport Extreme AC network. (2 locations)
4. Hathway 30mbps on D-Link DIR 816 AC network (2 locations)
5. ACT 250 mbps corporate connection with direct ethernet to laptop (1 location only)

Computer:
Macbook Pro 2016 model.

Download Results (average of 5 samplings)

India (Bangalore ACT Server):
1. 85/100 = ACT 100mbps: 85 mbps (2ms ping)
2. 17/* = Airtel 4G: 29 mbps (30ms ping)
3. 5.5/6 = Airtel 6mbps: 5.5 mbps (15ms ping)
4. 27/30 = Hathway 30mbps: 27mbps (3ms ping)
5. 193/250 = ACT 250mbps (2ms ping)

USA:
1. 9/100 = ACT 100mbps
2. 7/* = Airtel 4G
3. 4.8/6 = Airtel 6mbps
4. 24/100 = Hathway
5. 10/250 = ACT 250mbps (2ms)

Europe:
1. 5/100 = ACT 100mbps
2. 6.1/* = Airtel 4G
3. 4.1/6 = Airtel 6mbps
4. 12/30 = Hathway
5. 5/250 = ACT 250mbps (2ms)

Singapore:
1. 14/100 = ACT 100 mbps
2. 9/* = Airtel 4G
3. 5.1/6 = Airtel 6mbps
4. 24/30 = Hathway
5. 14.2/250 = ACT 250mbps (2ms)

Carefully notice how poor is ACT's connection to servers outside India, compared to others. It is even less than the ISPs giving 1/3rd speed and even slower than 4G at times.

1. ACT cannot blame poor network hardware!
2. ACT cannot blame location (since 3 separate ones were used)
4. Same servers were chosen on almost same time of the day

ACT was one of the first Internet Service Providers to introduce 100mbps access at a relatively affordable price and that too with an adequate FUP. They were one of the first to not have data upload counted as part of FUP. All great... but there are caveats that has been plaguing me for months. I have been a long-standing member of IBF, and my concerns are cause enough to post here.

When I got my ACT connection at Bangalore, the first thing I noticed was regular outages. I got that fixed (albeit with considerable effort) by having a direct fibre connection right inside my house (with no one sharing the node.) That has given me almost 98% uptime in last two years. Everything sounds great... except that there is one little nagging pain that concerns everybody.

I tried my best to test and report, but I am not sure they even understand what I have been trying to tell them for past 6 months.

Well. The regulations require them to provide 80% of the speeds till their node. After that it's no longer under their control.

This has been discussed before. The issue is not their international connection. I'm at Chennai and I get more than 70 Mbps to USA and Europe and more than 90 Mbps to Singapore. The congested link is the one connecting Bangalore to gateways like Mumbai or Chennai. That issue pops up once in a while and it usually resolves itself in a few days.