"Bad Side" of Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter Archit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,061

Archit

ISP
DataOne
I had signed up for an Airtel connection back in November 2007. An Airtel salesperson came to my home and made me sign the documents required for a new connection and also took a Rs. 500 advance. I had asked him by when will I get the connection and he replied withing 2 weeks. I waited for two weeks but no results, so I called the salesperson and he told me that there is some connectivity problem and so it will take another week to do the job. I waited for yet another week. Nothing happened. I then tried calling him again and guess what? He was not attending my call! He simply had the unprofessional guts to cut a customer's line!I then found out the Airtel Helpline number and called them. They were questioning me like I was a convicted person. I then became angry and shouted on them. So the help person transferred my call to the Nodal Officer. He then told me that he inquired about my problem and they cannot give me a connection because they didn't have connectivity in my area (which is a plain lie as one of my living just next to my building has one). He then promised that a cheque of Rs. 500 would be sent to me in 1 week. I would like to bring your attention to the day this call was approximately made: January first week.Now its March and their 1 week hasn't come yet! This is what I call a professional and a reliable company! (Dhuh!)

Many of us out here have experienced this side of Airtel...in some way or the other....and some have seen it more than others...by the way...did u pay the exec by cash or cheque in favour of Airtel? Also, did u follow up with a written e-mail/complaint? If not then first go ahead and send them a written complaint as the telephone conversation does not hold any value in technical terms.

I had paid the exec by cash. As for a written complaint, I had sent it last week but I have still not got any response from them.

well, did u pay the money as Cash or check??anyways send a written complaint again and see if that helps or try to convince them that u will move to consumer court...they might listen and provide u the connection,

Just send them a fax / courier stating the facts (politely) and relevant details. Ask them to refund your amount to you within 2 weeks or you will pursue legal options. Should do the trick.

there is a fine for service providers.I dont know the amount.check the TRAI website.If you have the will then take them to consumer court.not only you wuld be reimbursed but also be paid some hefty amount and there is not lawer charges.