• Thread starter Thread starter sabby
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,938

sabby

Regular
ISP
MTNL 749 NU
MTNL has once again showed how dumb they can get. They were giving 2mbps speed to all the connections earlier even if its plan speed was 256kbps, so now they have reduced all unlimited plan's speed to 256kbps.But the stupidity is that they have also put Night Unlimited plan's speed in 256kbps slots even though it's plan speed is 2mbps. When i talked to the MTNL guys they say that all Unlimited connections have been reduced to 256kbps & they are not understanding that the NU plan's speed is 2mbps stil it's getting 256kbps. I mean we are paying more than Unlimited plan just for the speed and still we are getting the same low speeds. :wall:Everybody who has NU plans please write to MTNL so that they realize what they have done.

MTNL has once again showed how dumb they can get. They were giving 2mbps speed to all the connections earlier even if its plan speed was 256kbps, so now they have reduced all unlimited plan's speed to 256kbps.

But the stupidity is that they have also put Night Unlimited plan's speed in 256kbps slots even though it's plan speed is 2mbps. When i talked to the MTNL guys they say that all Unlimited connections have been reduced to 256kbps & they are not understanding that the NU plan's speed is 2mbps stil it's getting 256kbps. I mean we are paying more than Unlimited plan just for the speed and still we are getting the same low speeds. :wall:

Everybody who has NU plans please write to MTNL so that they realize what they have done.

can another person confirm this situation?
is MTNL going airtel's way ? 😡

Cheers How many time i have to sayMTNL= Muje Tum Nahi LenaStill you ppls go for it lol:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

dont know if mtnl's going on d lines of airtel or not but atleast airtel's policy is to reduce d speed after an amount of dwnld but MTNL has reduced d speed altogether...n its not an issue for the Unlimited plan users 'cos its plan speed is 256 only but NU's promised speed is 2mbps stil they hav reduced d speed widout informing 😡

i don't think MTNL is going to do anything like that.CC is mostly with Dumb people so it's better not to trust them.Why don't you email your AM and GM.And also forward a complaint to the Broadband division. I think their ID is bbspeed@bol.net.in

Just confim the above mentioned ID.am not sure about it.But mailing to BB does work most of the times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even I am on 749 NU plan. I have been getting speeds in the region of 700-900 kbps since the last two months, even though my downstream data rate has been fixed at 2013 kbps. Although I do get 2 Mbps speed occasionally. I have not lodged a complaint with MTNL regarding this as I fear they might downgrade my speed to 256 kbps permanently.

GOOD NEWS :yahoo:

Turned out that it was a glitch from their side and now its corrected. :dance:
had a talk with 1504 ppl yesterday for around 2 hrs. i just got a call from MTNL n they told me to check the speed n now its fine. he also sed tht now it wud remain lyk this, so hopefully they wont do this stupidity again. :thumb:

Hey Sabby!I am still getting speeds less than 1 Mbps. What did you exactly do to get it rectified?

@ankitwell, if u r gettin speed upto 1088kbps it means tht ur connection has not been placed in the 256 slot. so ur speed may be low just due to net traffic or sumhtin and should probably be fine in a while.if its already been a while then u need to do 3 things-firstly call 1504 and explain to then nicely tht ur plan speed is 2mbps still u gettin below 1mbps speed. ask then to check wether ur plan has been converted and wen dey say tht ur plan is still 749 NU then ask thm to forward ur speed complaint. u wud get a call from the mtnl ppl in 1-2 days, but they call in day tym so make sure u r home.secondly send a mail to "bbspeed@bol.net.in" n do tel ur phone no. n planthirdly if no call comes from their side in next 2-3 days then call 197 n ask for the Area Manager's no. of ur exchange. talk to the area manager's office n tell them about ur complaint.After a lot of complaints n a lot of talkin on the phone i got the issue rectified. so do keep ur cool n have patience.Lemme knw if u need any help.Cheers 🙂

Broadband in India? hahaha. what a joke. it will never come, so dont worry. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING. poor people with nerrowband sucking booooo. keep checking your mails and chat sometime. thats it. be happy. never ever try to play any online game, movie, and other heavy downloads. bye bye

----------

nothing gonna happen Sabby. i have tried that some 10 times or so. they done nothing:madness: