Bad Luck...or should I say Hard Luck :(

• Thread starter Thread starter DataOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,600

DataOne

😱 As every day .....i shutdown by computer before 2 am....(This time it was 1.53 am....).i say this from THE EVENT VIEWER in MS Windows XP Pro available under Administrative toools

🙁 I then again started the PC 5 minutes after 2 am.

Then Connected to BSNL Server.......THE EVENT VIEWER says 2.07. (I use RASPPPoE)

Today when i opened my DataOne usage details to enter to Excel Sheets ...... i was SHOCKED to see that my START TIME Field was set to 1.57 am and Stop time to around 6.30 am in one of the recent entries.

:blink: I recheked but ,,,,I guess the BSNL server is lagging by 10 minutes.
(((( 😱 My PC automatically Synchronises with time.windows.com every 3rd day.)))

It won't make much difference but but.,,,,,,,I guess i'll have to pay around 137 Rs *more* for losing to the BSNL server TIME as I already crossed the Free Usage Limit.

Just wanted to share so that u all don't download like 500 MB from 2.05 am to 7.55 am are shocked to see its like from 1.55 to 7.45 am

🙄 Guess the *safest* option would be starting at 2.30 and ending at 7.30 !

U c the world 5 mins before the BSNL people do !! Hehehe !!Maybe they dont know that all cities in INDIA follow the same time !! 😉Acc to the no. of longitudes spread across the width of our country, i guess the max. time difference should be 15 mins as per the book definition. But v adopt a common time. Jus call some higher official and ask them to get it synchronised. Or better start downloading from 2 :30 .Btw, this being ur first post, it was very informative. Have to check my usages too. Welcome aboard !

Originally posted by DataOne@Sep 29 2005, 11:41 PM
😱 As every day .....i shutdown by computer before 2 am....(This time it was 1.53 am....).i say this from THE EVENT VIEWER in MS Windows XP Pro available under Administrative toools

🙁 I then again started the PC 5 minutes after  2 am.

Then Connected to BSNL Server.......THE EVENT VIEWER says 2.07. (I use RASPPPoE)
Today when i opened my DataOne usage details to enter to Excel Sheets ......  i was SHOCKED to see that my START TIME Field was set to 1.57 am and Stop time to around 6.30 am in one of the recent entries.

:blink:  I recheked but ,,,,I guess the BSNL server is lagging by 10 minutes.
(((( 😱 My PC automatically Synchronises with time.windows.com every 3rd day.)))
It won't make much difference but but.,,,,,,,I guess i'll have to pay around 137 Rs *more* for losing to the BSNL server TIME as I already crossed the Free Usage Limit.

Just wanted to share so that u all don't download like 500 MB from 2.05 am to 7.55 am are shocked to see its like from 1.55 to 7.45 am

🙄 Guess the *safest* option would be starting at 2.30 and ending at 7.30 !
[snapback]26697[/snapback]
[/quote]

It seems these people have time servers which can clacualte the data flowed between 2-8am no matter when u login or off. Wait for your bill and then give us ur f/b

@ Vikii

Thanks....well we joined this forum at nearly the same time! But, i've been a *reader* all this while 🙂

@ Abdul Rehman

Surely, I'll give feedback! (But thats after say 25 days...when i receive Sept '05 bill)

Yes their clock has been lagging by 10 minutes since 26th September and many people were caught unawares. I had also been trapped for one day and then re-adjusted the clock of my computer. Last evening too I had logged in at 18.35 and their logs showed that I had logged in at 18.25.. Today morning I logged off at 8.05am.. surprise.. the log shows that I had logged off at 8.01.30How long do they think they can drag us around :angry: @DataOne Welcome Aboard Mate

🙂 @ PapuDada

Thanks a lot Papu Dada......me a great fan of yours !

Well...an ingenious approach ....would be running a shceduled task which would automatically run to login/Re-login at 2.30 am and again at 7.30 am.

For RASPPPoE users
>> There's a tool called RASPhone which can be run from the "Run Window" in MS Windows.

>> For configuration try "RASPhone /help" from the Command Prompt and then tweak in as per given. :wub:

Thanks tonz mate.. yes what you have said is possible, but then one loses out one full hour of free usage 🙁

Yes.. easy for you to say, cause you're on the safest and best island.. `Airtell' *sigh* when will they come to Kolkata 🙁

Airtell has come to Kolkata, but their nearest service point is about half a km from my place. According to their officers, we shall be getting the same in about another 3-4 months