Bad Experience with Hathway Broadband

Anil

asking & answering?
ISP
ACT Fibernet,JioFiber,BSNL
hello my account number is 1117850013 on 27-06-2017 i asked for reconnection as you are giving truely unlimited plan of 50Mbps @ INR 834 and i also told to customercare that my cable has been throon away buy some one so that Should bee instaled agane the customer care team sed ok and told the reconnection process as follows first i need to make the payment(INR 834) after that my cableing will bee dun next the modem instaled and connection will bee activated
how ever the next day(28-06-2017) a guy named ravi came to collect the check and i gave check to him INR834 and i got a sms saying my payment has been made and after that no cableing has been dun so i cansiled my account 1117850013 on 06-07-2017 and i should get the refund of INR 834

You fell for sales guy's trap.
This problem is with every isp you can name, they ask for money first and then send guys for installation and if cable is cut and area doesn't have users then they don't install new cable.
You should email them at
delteam@hathway.net
billingenquiries@hathway.net

Delteam usually replies back within 2 days and do provide your hathway account number, registered phone number and email.
It will be better if you simply state your problem and ask for refund and not write "truley cheeted" or something like that.

Call them on this number too if you live in Delhi.
011 4608 5777
Select existing user option and get to their customer care otherwise they will connect you to some sales team.

Refund process usually takes 15 days and i know it is a lot but it can even take 4-5 days since you paid via cheque and they can simply transfer back.
DON'T GIVE THEM BANK DETAILS UNLESS THEY ASK YOU.

If delteam@hathway.net calls you then it will be resolved quickly since they have more power than customer care but lodge a complaint to them(CC) too.

Next time don't give isp money first and then wait for them to install the connection, tell them to get their installation team and do it simultaneously or pay via cheque and cancel it if they don't install in 24hrs.
I was in your boat 5 months ago.
How do i convince siti to lay cable in my area(avail 100mt away)

my excitel lco was nice enough. i only paid after cabling was done and account was activated. iirc he said i could even pay the next day after using it for a day. i could be wrong about this though. but he never asked me to prepay in advance.

den boomband guy asked me to pay in advance.

When they came to your area i think they were really new maybe that is why.
Every isp i have here asks for it in advance and you can fell for it really easily if you want to escape your slow mtnl speed.

right. i applied within the first few days of launch. in fact the day i saw their brochure 😀

i mailed to them and thanks for your time taken for giving correct answer thank you verry much

i am not. they were offering static ip. excitel does not. in the end decided to keep the airtel connection as backup as airtel charge just 99 bucks per month for static ip. den was asking for 2500 per year.

yup. smaller isps have to charge more because they do not have access to a lot of IPs. Older ISPs have lots of them.

this problem can only sollved when wee force trai to pass a rool that says all isps should change to ipv 6.

well... the good thing is that jio is already using ipv6 by default. so their users would not face the same problems faced by users on other isps. the requirement for a public ip is a real thing. but is not something that is required by a large number of customers. eventually more isps would switch to ipv6. i do remember reading about some deadlines that dot or trai had announced for migration to ipv6 for government bodies. nothing came out of them i guess.

here is something worth checking out.

IPv6 Transition | Department of Telecommunications | Ministry of Communication | GoI

sadly the focus seems to be switching to dual stack which i am guessing would not fix the problem with lack of public ip provided to individual customers.