Bad experience buying a TATA Sky HD DTH connection

• Thread starter Thread starter abhi3327
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,838

abhi3327

ISP
Airtel
It's a recommendation to all the people who are looking to buy a new DTH HD connection,I had bought Tata Sky HD on 21st june through their Helpline no and they promised me to get it installed in min 3 days and max 5 days, 5 Days were over and i didn't recieve even a single bloody call from them:wall::wall:, then i started calling their helpline number i.e 01726600663, and after makin approx 50 calls (it's not a toll free number) to this no i got my HD box installed on 1st of July, Even after 10 days of booking what i got was a defective STB :wall:when i am trying to connect it through the HDMI or Component Cable only the picture comes bt no SOUND :madness:. i made a complaint to the cust care people on that day itself(1st july), till now i.e 5th july i have again made around 50 calls to them to replace the defective STB bt i always get the same bloody reply that the engineer will visit my house witin 2-3 hours, i am really fed up now and regretting my decision to go for TATA Sky, i really should have waited for Airtel to launch the HD boxes😢. Now they have also activated my free 2 months subscription and i am not able to use it 😢. Strongly recommend not to opt for TATA as their after sale service is PATHETIC!! Believe me or else u too will regret your decision. I will try and share my such a horrible Experience with TATA sky with as many forums as possibe. :madness::madness::madness::madness::madness::madness: Abhishek Aggarwal Subscriber ID: 1048695546

Better give ur box back and gor Airtel with only one HD channel 😀

It sucks that you have had a bad experience, but there is no provider on this planet which doesn't have a few disgruntled customers. My experience has been quite the opposite. I put a query up online (in the "My Query" section in your online account) and within minutes someone called me up. Lucky for me, this person was one of those rare intelligent customer support persons. Within minutes he transferred the ownership of the STB in my name (from a relative's). Once I got my HD box later in the day all it took was 10 minutes (by the clock) for him to activate my HD box and activate the old box as a secondary connection (and the reason it took even 10 minutes was because initially the box had to update its software for 5 minutes). I know I had a very unique positive experience, but just thought I would give you some hope. Also, keep escalating the problem till you find one of these intelligent guys!

hehe. you cannot blame him for getting angry over his personal experiences and well spreading the word around. 🙂 i guess i would change the title of the thread.

It's a recommendation to all the people who are looking to buy a new DTH HD connection,
I had bought Tata Sky HD on 21st june through their Helpline no and they promised me to get it installed in min 3 days and max 5 days, 5 Days were over and i didn't recieve even a single bloody call from them:wall::wall:, then i started calling their helpline number i.e 01726600663, and after makin approx 50 calls (it's not a toll free number) to this no i got my HD box installed on 1st of July,
Even after 10 days of booking what i got was a defective STB :wall:when i am trying to connect it through the HDMI or Component Cable only the picture comes bt no SOUND :madness:.
i made a complaint to the cust care people on that day itself(1st july), till now i.e 5th july i have again made around 50 calls to them to replace the defective STB bt i always get the same bloody reply that the engineer will visit my house witin 2-3 hours, i am really fed up now and regretting my decision to go for TATA Sky, i really should have waited for Airtel to launch the HD boxes😢.

Now they have also activated my free 2 months subscription and i am not able to use it 😢.

Strongly recommend not to opt for TATA as their after sale service is PATHETIC!! Believe me or else u too will regret your decision.

I will try and share my such a horrible Experience with TATA sky with as many forums as possibe. :madness::madness::madness::madness::madness::madness:

Abhishek Aggarwal

Subscriber ID: 1048695546

Did you check sound settings under system settings it must be in dolby if your lcd support otherwise set it to pcm and apply changes

It is the duty of the installation technician to make sure everything works before he leaves the place of installation.Having paid upfront and spending so much time making all those calls is very depressing and speaks volumes of Tata Sky customer service.At the least minimum, they should register a complaint registration number so we do not have to explain the problem every time to a new customer service person.Also they should make sure the free period starts from the date the customer begins to view the channels and not before.If they treat their HD customers like this - imagine how they will treat their regular customers. Shame on you Tata Sky.

hehe. you cannot blame him for getting angry over his personal experiences and well spreading the word around. 🙂

i guess i would change the title of the thread.

I do not subscribe to the 'creed' that customer is king! For some, somewhere along the route, an indiscreet word from either side, throws the relationship on a thorny abusive path. To avoid a 100 year war, it is better to cut and move on. Because, as in this case, there are thousand satisfied customers for every disgruntled customer.

It is relatively easy to solve technical problems but ego problems are different.

I have blacklisted a leading white goods manufacturer and a couple of shops (electrical and general goods) for short-changing me.

Just instructing others to keep away from TS may help the poster to vent his anger, but it is not going to benefit him or damage the reputation of TS.

By the way, why there are virtually no posts on the HD misdemeanours of Sun, Reliance and Airtel? No news is good news, I suppose.

Just do a master reset of the box and see if the problem get solved. Also if you are getting picture sound should also come from the audio out or spdif check that it is not possible that the sound output is not coming at all until the audio chip has failed and it is a hardware fault.But the engineer would have tested the box before leaving, were you getting sound at that time or not.

Just do a master reset of the box and see if the problem get solved. Also if you are getting picture sound should also come from the audio out or spdif check that it is not possible that the sound output is not coming at all until the audio chip has failed and it is a hardware fault.

But the engineer would have tested the box before leaving, were you getting sound at that time or not.

Dear Dushie, already done with master reset twice but the problem still persists!! Is it possible that the HDMi ports of LCD are faulty?? FYI the sound is not coming through Component cable too bt with the av cable it works fine!!