Bad business practices of Videocon D2H

My mil lives in a small village down South. I am visiting from abroad, In March, we got a text asking to pay the cable bill so we paid it through an agencies in a bigger town for March-Apr and Apr-May. A total of Rs.500 which should be more than sufficient. The cable worked fine for the period Mar-Apr and then suddenly got cut in the middle of April. When we looked through our texts we had got a demand for Rs.402 to be paid for the cable to be restored.

1. The previous month cable was for Rs.220 or so. No one had added any package and my mil is too old to call to add and neither did I. Mysteriously Rs.200 was added additionally to the bill for what we do not know.

The things we undertook to follow up were.
1. Went to the agency we originally paid two months for and verified with them that the account was current and paid up till May 21st. Went to another agency in the same town, the one we bought our package and equipment from and verified that the account was again current, paid up until May 21st and the account was in our name.
2. My sil from abroad sent a customer service email to which they replied that the box was out of warranty which was something that was not told to us by both agencies who spoke with their customer service reps. The box was barely 6 months old, how could it have expired warranty ? A customer service rep first called and the cable was turned on. Then a service rep came in person and informed us that the money we paid had gone to another account which does not make sense because Mar-Apr was paid for the same account and we had cable service. In the end we paid Rs 150 which was brought down from Rs 280 for the days we will use the cable as we will be needing it no longer.

Things that does not make sense and look suspicious.
1. Why did the cable work for one month and not the next if it was paid for 2 months the account paid was wrong in the beginning.
2. Two agencies indepedently verified that the account was paid up in full till May 21st and the money was mysteriously not there the next day when the customer service rep turned up in person and insisted it was paid to a different account.
3. No one spoke about any warranty expiring when two agencies spoke to them, but in an email another customer service rep said so.
4. Mysterious increase of bill amount by Rs 200 when no one added any package. T

here seems to be problems in the billing software, the stories the customer service representatives say vary each time and there seems to be additional shady practices of trying to add packages people have no knowledge about. This has been resolved by paying extra money so my old mil can have cable. But I am writing this complaint to make people aware of Videocon's bad business practices.