Backup options for routers during powercuts

ISP
bsnl
Hi Guys,

I have been facing huge power cuts frequently in my place and using normal ups isn't enough to provide the back for router which max to 30 mins.
Does anyone using any cheap alternative solutions for high backup for routers more than 3-4hrs?

I was checking resonate but seems bit expensive for 2k. would like to know how others are using any alternatives.

Depending on the router you can plug it into a power bank. Splice the power connector to USB power pins. This only works for low power router. For higher powered routers you can use a 5V to 12V step up converter.

Alternatively you can DIY a couple of Lithium batteries with a Battery Management system and do it that way

Last edited:
the router which I use takes 12v 2amp, I'm not good with creating a circuit for converter or backup.
are there any circuits readily available with pre setup to use with plug in battery type.?

There are premade 5v to 12v cables on Amazon but those can only provide max 1A output.

Youll have to use two USBs from your power bank with a step up convertor for the extra power.

You could also try a 12V lead acid battery. Get one that can withstand many charge cycles becuase car batteries aren't suited for being drained completely and charged back over and over many times.