• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,896

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Unfortunately, I'm back again on sify because apparently they are a monopoly in the new are I moved to. I have no alternative. Oh my gosh, I just pray for another ISP to come in here, even MTNL would be better with download caps than sify with unlimited packs. I called airtel like 5 times, haha they are not available even though touchtel is here providing a landline connection.

try reliance broadband.. ist available everywhere

no reliance broadband isn't available everywherei think u mean r connect via there reliance india mobiles

Well, that's dial up and it's way too expensive. But if I have no alternative, then sure. Also, today I was disconnected on my first day of connection for 12 straight hours. And I got a temporary login id. Haha. How interesting. As I'm typing this, I just got my connection back.

R Connect with speeds of 1 kBps(10 kbps) and 1 GB download limit per month at Rs. 650 per month?What can you possibly do with it except use it as backup 🙂. If you have landline wires in your area then even normal dial-up internet is better because even it gives average speeds of 5 kBps (40 kbps) which is 4 times more than this POS Reliance.

well r connect gave me good speeds of 12KBps at nightand 6-7 KBps in the dayi used it for 2-3 months when i was in transition period between mtnl and sifymtnl was disconnected was bugging mom for sify(used to think great things abt sify then until i came to face with reality and then found the path to nirvana (this forum) )and got a data cable and started using until i got huge bills on it also

One of my friends in calcutta used R connect, he had a huge bill at the end of the month. An update, I do believe TATA INDICOM has just come into my area, so if I'm not mistaken, I'll be taking that package. 🙂

so u too have shifted outside hotwire territory..wonder if there is somebody still using my good ol ISP..