Azureus Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter morpheusv6
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,701

morpheusv6

I have been using Azureus for a long time now but of late(after a recent unexpected system shutdown(the config file of Azureus got deleted!!!)) the torrents have yellow or red smilies all the time and the interface shows DHT Firewalled. The speeds are terrible!(~50 Kbps fro a 256 Kbps connection).I have tried potforward.com procedure to allow the application to use the port(60881) and I have switched off the firewall software. The windows firewall allows the application's both TCP and UDP Protocols on the above port.The help at azureuswiki was not helpful.I use Windows XP Professional Original SP2.I have no problem browsing the web and get decent download speed during http or ftp downloads.Please help me.

QUOTE(morpheusv6 @ Dec 8 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]70509[/snapback]
I have been using Azureus for a long time now but of late(after a recent unexpected system shutdown(the config file of Azureus got deleted!!!)) the torrents have yellow or red smilies all the time and the interface shows DHT Firewalled. The speeds are terrible!(~50 Kbps fro a 256 Kbps connection).
I have tried potforward.com procedure to allow the application to use the port(60881) and I have switched off the firewall software. The windows firewall allows the application's both TCP and UDP Protocols on the above port.
The help at azureuswiki was not helpful.
I use Windows XP Professional Original SP2.
I have no problem browsing the web and get decent download speed during http or ftp downloads.

Please help me.
[/b]
why don't you try using utorrent it hogs less memory also try forced encryption in case they r throttling

QUOTE(morpheusv6 @ Dec 8 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]70509[/snapback]
I have been using Azureus for a long time now but of late(after a recent unexpected system shutdown(the config file of Azureus got deleted!!!)) the torrents have yellow or red smilies all the time and the interface shows DHT Firewalled. The speeds are terrible!(~50 Kbps fro a 256 Kbps connection).
I have tried potforward.com procedure to allow the application to use the port(60881) and I have switched off the firewall software. The windows firewall allows the application's both TCP and UDP Protocols on the above port.
The help at azureuswiki was not helpful.
I use Windows XP Professional Original SP2.
I have no problem browsing the web and get decent download speed during http or ftp downloads.

Please help me.
[/b]

If you are already port-forwarding (in router) maybe you've changed the IP address of your computer. I have had that problem once. You may have to reset Lan-Clients or something in your router. May not be the problem, but likely since you mentioned "unexpected system shutdown" which I interpreted to read "crash".

To test whether your port forwarding is actually working, try telnet'ing from an outside system to your IP address with port no. 60881.

HTH,
--arnie