Awesome Black Friday Deal: Dell - Streak 7 Tablet at US $ 160

• Thread starter Thread starter rajanmehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 9,958
Can anyone here please tell what your experience was like when buying at bestbuy.com and shipping to India through shop and ship?Will they get the items (say a table) cleared from custom?How will they charge custom duty from the buyer?Are items delivered without damage to sensitive part of package like screen of tablet?How long does it actually take for delivery? Is 10 days fair estimate?I am looking to buy a tablet since last 2-3 months but don't want to spend Rs 35000 or so for a Samsung 750 in Croma. Any cheap tablet with 3G and wi-fi will do.Thanks in advance for the reply.

hehe for 25000 i5 laptop is avil I paid sm 38000 to just get a i3 lolnd $10 fr bluray is just wow !LG 47" 3D LED for 40000 phuk !Indians can atleast have sm Ganeshji sale or smthing in US its a loot now..

Is the Discount coupon for registration at Shop and ship still available instead of $45 ?:grin:
Thanks

sorry, i donno about any discount coupon.......i didnt see any.....how to get it...???😀rool ():

----------

ohh actually.........i was not at my system when i saw this thread .....so i registered through my Galaxy s ........and i didnt see a lot of things then......:ac: ..........there was a credit card detail option but i declined that.:grin: ....good because otherwise they would have charged me 45$ already....hehe. and i would have paid it for nothing..........can any body here tell a site without this charge of registration....???????

----------

Christmas is coming there will be a lot of deals then........so we should be prepared in advance.....pls share any good site like shopandship.com.....but without registration charges.:cool_2:

yup but i missed it ...........it was listed a while back i think ....and gone with the winds.:uncomfortableness:

can anyone here tell me.....how much this 160$ tab would have cost me inclusive of all customs and all costs...????

Dollar rates are gonna screw your happiness. Anyway, here is a breakup:160 USD = 8350 INRForex markup = 3.5% = 290 INRShipping = 10 USD = 520Customs (assuming this is evaluated as PHONE) = 2.3% * (8350 + 21.125% + 1%) = 235Customs (assuming this is evaluated as TABLET) = 14.7% * (8350 + 21.125% + 1%) = 1500Handling fee = 50 INRTotal (if phone) = 9445 INR Total (if tablet) = 10710 INRAll amounts have been rounded off, and assumption made that shipping is by Aramex, and the phone weighs less than 500 gram after packing. If it weighs between 500 grams and a KG, add another 400 to the cost.

Dollar rates are gonna screw your happiness. Anyway, here is a breakup:

160 USD = 8350 INR
Forex markup = 3.5% = 290 INR
Shipping = 10 USD = 520
Customs (assuming this is evaluated as PHONE) = 2.3% * (8350 + 21.125% + 1%) = 235
Customs (assuming this is evaluated as TABLET) = 14.7% * (8350 + 21.125% + 1%) = 1500
Handling fee = 50 INR

Total (if phone) = 9445 INR
Total (if tablet) = 10710 INR

All amounts have been rounded off, and assumption made that shipping is by Aramex, and the phone weighs less than 500 gram after packing. If it weighs between 500 grams and a KG, add another 400 to the cost.

Agantuk !
Thanks to your detailed explanations and I think Manu's mention about Discount coupon code, I successfully enrolled today in to shopNshop membership at the bargain rate using citibank credit card.

Checked Bestbuy site I think -when I put US Zip 11413 (aramex USA Springsfield Garden address) ,it was showing state tax. Left that for the time being to explore later.

Then I created a/c with Newegg.com and went to checkout cart with core I7+17" laptop ...choose payorder/money order option instead of credit card to check the final amount..voila No sales tax and free shipping.!

Do you face sales tax problem with Amazon USA/Best Buy? (I know different vendors with in Amazon usa may have different policy for tax!)

Customs duty- mobile phone @2.3% ; tab@14.7% . what about laptops / same as tabs?

which USA sites ,you were able to check out with out paying tax for Zip 11413?
Thanks a lot man!

:iomg:

And how much does it retail for in India?

Can't find Dell streak 7 on Dell.co.in or on flipkart.

Dell streak 5, which has a 5 inch screen and 3G inbuilt is priced at Rs 20490 on flipkart.

Cheapest Samsung table on flipkart is priced at Rs 30900. Cheapest Acer at 26900, Reliance at 12999 and so on.

So Dell streak 7 (wi-fi only and without 3G) at Rs 10700 is still a good bargain. Hopefully Dell will be a much better quality product compared with Reliance.