Average Salary in UK

Samuel

Regulars
I heard that the average monthly salary of a person working in UK is 1200 EurosIs that true :confused:

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
I think it must be more. Also which sector are we talking here.

Samuel

Regulars
Not highly qualified person, just a Graduate.

No idea what sector is like the most wanted/liked in Europe though.

1,200.00 EUR = 79,779.65 INR

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
Regulars
We had a house maid who cleaned house on hourly basis in UK. She earned at least £2000 (= Rs 150000) per month.IT jobs may have salary to locals up to £3K~4K per month (so its outsourced to India at cheaper rates).Doctors, MBA holders may get even more.£ is Pound, UK's currency.

dovahkiin

Regular
Regulars
1200 is low it should fall in between 2000 to 2500 euro , but after taxers and benefits it amounts to roughly 1900 euro , and this the minimum salary work we are looking at. U.K is a very , very expensive place to live , basically of that 1900 euro you would be lucky to save 50 quids at the end of the month. there is a large disparity of income in u.k between skilled and un unskilled jobs , later are mostly taken by immigrants who are willing to work below monthly minimum wage and also get benefits from govt. it is a total mess out there and u.k also has the privilege of having the least educated people in the entire developed world. Still Norway and Sweden remain the highest among salaries in the world and also have the distinction of having the happiest population.

mukeshgupta

Saholic Representative (Mod Alert)
I heard that the average monthly salary of a person working in UK is 1200 Euros

Is that true :confused:

2000 GBP was the average a few yrs back. Don't think this has improved much with last 2 years of recession. There are approx 2.5 million unemployed people in UK and this number is expected to grow. Most of the unemployed are the locals and asylum seekers who survive on the benefits.

Toocool

Addicts
My friend has a doctor friend in Scotland who earns some 7k pounds there and he is preparing for an exam after which if passed and got a job in USA, will earn minimum 1 lac a day.... :), and now I think why I didn't try to be a doctor :-(