Avengers: Infinity War

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 282
  • Views Views 17,444
yeah i guess. from the looks of it, you just need space for a larger curved screen compared to what most multiplex theaters have where screen barely covers the wall in front of you. and then there are the sound effects which seems to require dedicated speakers placed in a certain manner. but i suppose dolby already took care of that. god knows.

i would probably be watching it on 2D on monday assuming cousin has booked the tickets 😀

also reading more and more tweets about how aadhaar propaganda is getting longer and longer.
i mean it's one thing to push national anthem. but a 2-3 minute long propaganda video on aadhaar?
and one person even mentioned that the video does not even bother to mention the body behind the video.
it's like pvr etc are doing it on their own as a corporate social responsibility activity.

sadly we would never find out what kind of influence was used to push these private companies to promote aadhaar as the savior of humankind in this country.

I never saw anything on Adhaar, but I did reach a bit late, so missed most ads.

I saw Fantastic Beasts at Logix, and will see Infinity War in the Ambience Imax, will update as to any difference between them.

'Avengers: Infinity War' Is Third Movie To Make $100 Million in Single Day

According to Disney, Infinity War made an estimated $106 million in its first day at the box office, the third movie to do so. The other two movies, you ask? Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi, both movies being a part of Disney's operation.

Infinity War's monstrous $106 million opening is good enough for the second biggest opening day of all-time behind The Force Awakens' $119 million outing. The Last Jedi — the only other movie to break $100 million in its opening day — tallied a $104 opening day.

‘Avengers: Infinity War’s $630M Global Bow Sets All-Time Record – International Box Office

Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has pulled off a jaw-dropping feat, scoring the biggest global opening in history with an estimated $630M. That races it ahead of The Fate Of The Furious, which previously held the record after gunning to $543M in its Easter launch last year.

The estimated $630M worldwide opening translates into a gross of $15.39B for all 19 MCU films to date. What’s more, Black Panther this weekend passed Star Wars: The Last Jedi to claim the No. 9 spot on the all-time global charts with an estimated cume of $1,333.1M.

And Fate of The Furious's record includes earnings from China whereas Infinity War is yet to release in China so. lol

@kkapoorr Just read your spoiler post now that I have seen it. And I have no idea what you meant by that.

Okay, think about it. The
protagonist is Thanos. We see his history with Gamora, his love for her which he sacrifices to get the Soul Stone, his planet Titan and how it ended & also his retirement after he snaps his fingers. He is an evil protagonist for sure, but he is the main
character.

Of course. I thought you meant to say that he is not the protagonist. But this was established already.

i did not like the movie. a friend booked tickets for another show on thursday. i do not want to go for that. but since it's 4D, i might go just for the lulz. and of course the high price he paid for the ticket (600+). have no heart to tell him that i already went today and did not like the movie.

just a few notes...
2D has subtitles.
navjot and others stated that 3D version is without subtitles.
every profanity is beeped out.
there was at least one instance of middle finger that was blurred.
pvr claims that the interval is placed strategically but in popular opinion it is placed abruptly.
pvr megamall in gurgaon had no aadhaar ad before the movie which was surprising but nice.
loos in pvr megamall have dividers unlike the loos in pvr ambience.
i know, the last two points have nothing to do with the movie.
another offtopic observation. pvr seems to have switched to US style water taps at their theaters...
here is a photo:

jSS4lKP.png

the button is hidden below the sink as you can see in the photo. i was standing there like a fool assuming that there was some kind of sensor around the tap. then i had to ask a kid who was using the second tap at the spot.

i suppose anything else i post here might be considered a spoiler for now.

Last edited: