Automatic Dial Broadband Connection When windows loads.

kuljit_dhanoa

ISP
BSNL
Hi

My friend Randeep Suggested me a extremely simple way to start your broadband connection automatically each time when your windows boots up. Regardless of which version of windows you use .
The steps are following:
1. Double click on the connection you want to use for broadband ( I assumed that you have already created the connection )
2. Fill the user name and password and save the password.
3. Now Click properties a new dialog window will open.
4. Now click the options tab a the following window will open

5. By default the Prompt for username password, certificates etc. option is checked . Uncheck this option and click Ok.
6. Now every time when you double click on this connection it will immediately starts dialing the connection.
7. Next is to create the shortcut of this connection by rightclick on the connection select create shortcut this will place the shortcut of the connection on the desktop.
8. copy this shortcut and place in the startup folder (start->all programs->StartUp).
9. Now Restart your computer and see the change . your broadband connection will be automatically dialed .

Note: There is a one possible glitch in the above method. Some ADSL mdem are very quick in detecting all the inputs (like LAN ADSL etc. ) . There is very good chance that by the time your windows is fully boots up all the lights on the modem are glowing and it will connect to internet automatically. But there are some modems especially with the Wifi connectivity they are very lazy in detecting all the inputs . By the time you windows fully loads the modem DSl light is still blinking and in that case you will get the message connecting to wan miniport . In that case you have to change the Redial Options in the above option tab shown in the picture.

Happy Surfing🙂.

Kuljit Singh

Good one. Thanks for sharing.