Auto Internet Connect at 2 AM & Disconnect at 8 AM (BSNL Broadband)

• Thread starter Thread starter birdflu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 18,710
Bridged mode doesn't work for my modem. So i have to use other ways to make my scheduler work. Im on PPoE mode and these are the total 7 tasks i have made in the scheduler. I have used no third party software - just windows task scheduler. This is assuming i hibernate my PC at 11.00pm in the night and go to sleep.*computer is laying in a hibernated state* while the modem is still connected to the internet--------------------------------------------------------------2:00 | 1_NOTEPADcomputer wakes out of hibernation and tries executing notepad.exe but fails. computer desktop appears.2:02 | 2_RESTARTa reboot is scheduled. a fresh desktop screen is now presented.2:05 | 3_DSL REBOOTthe dsl modem is ordered to reboot hence the new session is marked from 2:05 onwards.2:10 | 4_KILLFIREFOXthe firefox window is made to exit. this free's up whatever ram resource it had occupied for no reason.7:57 | 5_DSL REBOOTthe dsl modem is ordered to reboot hence the new session is marked from 7:57 onwards.7:59 | 6_KILLFIREFOXthe firefox window is asked to exit. this free's up whatever ram resource it had occupied for no reason.8:00 | 7_SHUTDOWNthe computer is finally made to shutdown and that it does. the modem stays on but since the computer is not running, little or no bandwidth utilisation is made.--------------------------------------------------------------the download programs runs at and between 2:06am to 7:56am

since bsnl server timings are susceptible to all kind of nonsense, to be on the safer side set the timing to 2:30 to 7:30

BSNL timings are perfectly fine and perfectly tuned. To synchronize your computer's timing with BSNL's timing do this...

Double click on the time thing on your taskbar.
Then go to Time Zone > Select +5:30 chennai, mumbai, delhi
Then go to Internet Time > Select time.nist.gov > update now

In two minutes, your timings will be updated. It'll only be half second late.
check here Current local time in Mumbai - Maharashtra - India

I have been using this and works great.

0x80041314: The task has been configured with an unsupported combination of account settings and run time options. Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.