"Auto Activation" of Job alerts

• Thread starter Thread starter NHarmonia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,625

NHarmonia

ISP
Galaxy
I have a prepaid account with Vodafone. Now, today, 23/6/12, at 20:33, I received an SMS from Vodafone(54701) stating that Vodafone Job Alerts had been activated, and Rs 15 has been charged. However, as I don't need any Job, I never tried to activate the service. In fact, the phone was in my drawer for nearly the whole day. Now, when I contacted Vodafone Support to clarify the problem, they just claimed that I had typed in some code using '*'s and '#'s, which activated the service. And as I have mentioned, I never typed in anything, and you may check records, if they are available. They kept on repeating that I had activated it. The Rs 15 isn't the main problem, the fact that they just claimed that I activated is the main problem. I can pretty much assure that no one touched the cell phone as it was nicely in my drawer, below my pc, on which I was working.Vodafone....

It happens with everyone...I have been the sufferer of Reliance when 250 rs was deducted without my consent..Simply , call them to revert you the amount. Be rude to them thats the only way they listen to you. If a particular peron is eating your head then tell him to pass your call to his senior. Lodge a complain.They would definately retun you the amount. these bastard know inside that services was not activated by you.

Indeed that's true. I received an email from them today....after complaining to the Nodal Officer....and voila I got my Rs 15 back...along with an apology. The only irritating thing was how they claimed that I activated the services...

You are entitled to get the explanation for this auto activation as today you fought and got money back but not every one does thatThere was friend of mine who daily use to get charged 5 to 10 bugs for some random reason.. I asked did you talked to cc he told no.. I was in shock.. Told him to call cc and deactivate all the services activated.. He does and now he didn't get charged any thing so such ignorance can cause lot of monetary loss to users

You are entitled to get the explanation for this auto activation as today you fought and got money back but not every one does that

There was friend of mine who daily use to get charged 5 to 10 bugs for some random reason.. I asked did you talked to cc he told no.. I was in shock.. Told him to call cc and deactivate all the services activated.. He does and now he didn't get charged any thing so such ignorance can cause lot of monetary loss to users

this is malpractice followed by all operators. the strategy is simple. Deduct small amount normally in multiples of 5rs. It is too small amount get noticed. People ignore it and operator has increased his profit by just doing this practice.

Yes. 15Rs isn't a small amount. Even it happened to me. Called Customer care and got my money back. But this is malpractice by operators. People in villages may not know how to deactivate these services. I saw similar "Cricket" alerts on my grandmum's phone and daily 3rs were being deducted from her phone and she didn't even know that this is happening

Last week my elder brother asked me to check his father in law's phone as some money was being deducted past 3 days. Found that it was for Euro Cup alerts, cancelled it, but felt it was not worth arguing for long & explaining that someone who doesnt follow football, who will accept if you tell that India are world football champions for the last 50 years & that football is not played in Europe & South America would have not subscribed to these alerts.

I have seen this same malpractice in other's phones too....but they just ignore it. I was not going to ignore it, as that would have gave them the green signal for deducting more balance. This should be stopped..most people don't even notice that they are being cheated.

Similar experience here also. News alert gt activated automatically and Rs 35 gt deducted. Due to busy schedule I was nt unable to register complaint But will do it soon now.