Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Native apps.

Source

Two-Factor Authentication News • Authy

So today we are proud to release into public beta the new Authy Desktop. A standalone desktop 2FA app for both macOS and Windows (Linux coming soon) and it doesn’t depend on any specific browser. We also took the opportunity to design a new UI that allows you to view your 2FA accounts either in a grid or list view, as well as a new search bar to quickly find accounts. These features will migrate their way into the mobile apps as well.

aHOR4Ua.png

It uses electron from what I see. Which means that the app is >50MB.

Just moved to Google Authenticator lol. I mean it also does not have an official app. But whatever. Twilio is a nasty company.

Ahoy!
You’re receiving this email from Twilio because our records show you’ve used the Twilio Authy Desktop app in the past.
What do you need to know?
Starting March 19, 2024, Twilio Desktop Authy apps will reach their end of life (EOL). Beyond this date, you can access most of the desktop features and functionality in the mobile Authy apps.
You may have previously seen an August 19, 2024, end of life (EOL) date for Twilio Desktop Authy apps. This date has been moved up to March 19, 2024.
What do you need to do?
Switch to the Authy app on your Apple or Google Play Store-compatible Android device to manage your Authy account and 2FA tokens.
For more information, review Authy for Desktop End of Life (EOL).
What if you don’t take action?
If you don’t take action before March 19, 2024, you won’t be able to use, access, or migrate your Authy-based account tokens from the Twilio Authy Desktop apps nor download the Authy desktop apps from authy.com.

They will get rid of the mobile apps as well I am sure. Twilio hates the Authy brand. Chrome extension, support pages, the desktop app, and the API are already gone.