Australia vs. South Africa: Interesting test going on.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 5,321
Ten Sports will telecast it before the tomorrow's match. Normally the matches in SA begins at 2PM IST

Any idea when the highlights are.... Want to watch Aussie innings... On second thought... even repeat telecast would do 😉
I think. the higlights will be telecasted at 11pm, but why wait for that, youtube is your friend...

Australian FOW:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qfhPLDAfTxM

So a discussion on it is already going on. I posted this as OT stuff in India v WI thread!Anyways, i wonder what wud the Indian crowd had said about this, if India had got bowled out for 47!

Thats true we are a bit too harsh sometimes... but then its unlikely that we would bowl opponents for 96 either ... Only in NZ , I remember once we bowled out opp for 90+ ... that too after being bowled out for 90+ as well...

But against that, now SA have made 81/1! I dont think that is justifiable, from an Indian Cricket WATCHER (rather than lover)'s point of view.Last year when we were bowled out for 136, and SA scored heavily, ppl were abusing the team, regardless of the fact that we almost surmounted the close to 500 run deficit. They always fail to see, that wickets in SA are known for these type of uncertainties.Moisture in the wicket livens up the grass on the wicket. And the winds blowing in particular directions, cause the ball to swing dangerously. That doesnt take time to change as well. 1 session u will see 12 wickets tumbling, and in the next hardly 1!

Yeah... On a side note though...I would love to see an Indian bowler rip through a lineup .. a 7/30 kind of bowling performance ... On not a terrible wicket... but maybe the SA/Eng/Aus pitches...

----------

Closest I can think of are Srinath Vs Safrica in 1996 & maybe Agarkar Vs Aus in 2003....

Absolutely man!! Wud love to see that. M yearning for that too!! These days our bowling has gone to dogs, to say the least. Lets see how the Ashwins & the Ojhas fare when they are made to bowl on wickets that dont assist spin.

----------

In a nation of 1.2 bn, we arent bloody able to find a bowler who can bowl "Warmup deliveries" at 145k, and then that goes into 150s consistently. That coupled with Line & Length........cant get greedy & ask for swing. Its difficult to do that at this kind of speed.

Thats alright. But still man.....a tearaway guy.....Steyn, Morkel, Lee (Of the past though). Batsmen shud have a fear of losing one of their body parts while batting.

Dont know what would have been the reaction if any of the subcontinent team would have performed this way! Foreign media would have had hell lots of stories.Also I read that Andy Bichell is made the selector of AU, Hmmm.. Seems like he has some job to do!

So Smith century or Kallis overtake Lara..... unfortunately only one (max) can happen today...

----------

Smith century it is...

----------

And we have 155 runs being scored for the loss of a wicket today after yesterday's frenzy

"And it looks like I've slept through another amazing day of cricket... 47. Good try, we still own the record. Oh... that's not a good one. "
Iain O'Brien, the New Zealand fast bowler, manages to make fun of the Aussies while being self-deprecatory

So guys, who just follow cricket, do keep this in mind the next time India tours SA. Dont come out mocking at the team if this kind of thing happens. SA conditions are totally unpredictable.