• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,521

saurav_wow

ISP
BSNL HOME 500 NU
If you are a new BSNL Dataone internet customer, Please read the following
information carefully for your own good. 🙂
Here you can see the difference between the advertisement and the reality.
In the advertisement they say the monthly transfer limit for a home500
connection is 2.5GB. But it need not be always!
surprised? read on.. BSNL Dataone: Dangers and stupidities

Thanks to the above site owner...
sumeshms

Any new BSNL DATAONE user: What was the rental charged for the month , when you joined midway of a month ? I will check my old bill when I joined DATAONE. . So if you join on 31st you should be eligible for 2.5 GB 15th same 2.5GB 1st same 2.5 GB Do all pay the same full rental charges ? For the same schemeIf a person joining on 31 can download 2.5Gb the person who joined on 15th can claim 37.5GB and the person joining on1st 30x2.5= 75GB. !!

essbebe, we seem to be together...😛No, thats what is clearly mentioned...if u join on 15th of a month, u are ONLY entitled to HALF of the regular usage alotted over a month's period. Lets take my example:I got my connection Home 250 on the 25th of August. Which means I have 6 more days to complete August. Since all billing cycles start with 1st of every month, I have to pay up according to the bill in Aug. The amount of data I can download therefore, is limited to 1GB*(31/6) {31 days in august divided by 6 days}, which approximately translates to 200MB. I have already used 215 MB last month, which means I'll have to pay up for the 15 MB excess I used in August.But from 1st of Sep I get the whole 1 GB.In case of Home 500 plan, you'll only get a fraction of the regular transfer limit if u join some time DURING the month but u have unlimited net from 2am-8am.Sorry I missed the Rental point. I think you'll be charged protportionately. If u join midway of a month u only have to pay the half rental....Thats what i think...my bill is yet to come

i got a connection on 7th of this month. i am on 250/m plan. how much i can download in this month.according to your statement 1gb/1month = 35mb/day . 35mb x 23day = 805mb for this month.is that really like that hmmmmplz let me know.......thank

i got a connection on 7th of this month. i am on 250/m plan. how much i can download in this month.
according to your statement 1gb/1month = 35mb/day . 35mb x 23day = 805mb for this month.
is that really like that hmmmm
plz let me know.......
thank

Robot,
Truly speaking, its 33.33 MB a day. So, yes for the remaining 23 days, you'll have 766.59 MB approx for this month. I THINK you'll be billed something like Rs.191.666 approx. excluding taxes. I'm not sure about the bill part, but I'm CERTAIN about thedownload part. SO please use carefully. Hope I've answered your query to the point.:yahoo:

@ashwinkgopalthanks a lot. got the answer. now i will go to bsnl office in person and check that matter. i post the review letter on.thanks again