• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,892

JB701

🇵🇸🤝🇮🇳
ISP
Airtel
So, today I decided to mess around with getting access to my Airtel F670L router's shell.

I was earlier trying to access the SPI flash chip of my Excitel router earlier but that wasn't able to, soldering small chips is difficult for a newb like me. So, I decided to try something easier before doing that, soldering wires on the UART pins of Airtel router to access the shell using TTL Cable.

H5qnwlm6_o.jpg

I know its a mess, i didn't clean up the flux and the yellow wire specially looks bad (though that pin is +5V and isn't needed). Thankfully I didn't short anything with solder.

After connecting orange color to TXD, green to RXD and red to GRND. I was able to (kinda) access the shell at baud rate of 115200. Sadly, I wasn't able to transmit anything to the shell. Will mess with this again when I have time and update this thread. Maybe I bridged some pins while soldering.

Here is the output file if anyone's interested (not much on there just the boot sequence stuff).

Source

Hi,

I've been planning to play around with UART, any progress you made after that? I have the same ont