• Thread starter Thread starter int
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,472

int

The dumbest programmer
ISP
BSNL/AIRCEL HSDPA
Hello, I'm looking for Intel atom processor for my desktop. Can anyone suggest any good model no. for any atom processor?and..What kind of motherboard is required for intel atom D2500 processor and compatible with 4GB/1GB RAM? How much that motherboards can cost? Is this processor yet launched in India?

I think Atom is kind of a bit lower side when it comes to performance. I am typing this from an Atom netbook and believe me, this is something which you won't want on your desktop. I think you can get a good AMD processor + Motherboard + RAM combo at much cheaper rate than Atom rates.

I think you can get a good AMD processor + Motherboard + RAM combo at much cheaper rate than Atom rates.

No you cant , Atom board with onboard cpu is 3k , you cant get a amd cpu + mobo at that price

Thanks xyz2000 for the rates. But the performance of Atom seems to be much lower compared to even my 8 year old desktop. But I think it gives around 6 hours of battery life for my Netbook. I have several tabs open (50 +) across Chrome and FF. But I cannot use both at the same time. It takes minutes to even switch between tabs not to mention with browsers. That is why I thought of warning him about the performance.

If you are looking for an HTPC or desktop for normal usage atoms sucks. Better go for AMD E-350 I personally have GA-E350N-USB3 combo it is fast and able to play 1080p videos seamlessly.But if you are looking to build a normal 24*7 client go for atom option.

i thought atom processors were only sold as OEM and not in retail. 😕

i thought atom processors were only sold as OEM and not in retail. 😕

They are sold in retail , easily available on most online IT stores

I think Atom is kind of a bit lower side when it comes to performance. I am typing this from an Atom netbook and believe me, this is something which you won't want on your desktop. I think you can get a good AMD processor + Motherboard + RAM combo at much cheaper rate than Atom rates.

So, which motherboard goes better/well compatible with AMD processors? Asus, MSI, or, corsair?

..and... Can an AMD dual core processor support a external nVDIA/ATI graphics card?

Latest C50 /350 Dual core mobile Fusion chip with inbuilt graphic card netbook/laptops are better than atom.(almost in the same price or Rs 2000 morewith 5 hours battery life)

Also latest Desk top AMD desktop processors A6-3650 and A8-3650 have inbuilt graphic cards ( not for very serious gaming)

http://www.theitwares.com/a63650-llano-26ghz-cache-socket-100w-quadcore-desktop-ad3650wngxbox-p-2255.html

http://www.theitwares.com/a83850-llano-29ghz-cache-socket-100w-quadcore-desktop-ad3850wngxbox-p-2256.html

Yo
u can say the above two processors come close Intel Core I3 with out the need to buy additional graphic card.