ATM cash withdrawal problems!

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 9,772
i donno why .......i have once (1st time) went to hdfc bank atm.....it ****ing swallowed my card, and i was ****ing worried for that point in time , unable to understand what the hell happened. never went there after that ever.:rofl:

HDFC Bank ATM swallowed my debit card once. I called the HDFC phone banking number as well as the number displayed in ATM location to no avail. My problem was that the debit card was issued by a bank in the USA and it took me around 1 month and $35 to get the replacement card from my bank.

Now I always look for ATMs where I can just swipe the card and card never leaves my hand even if means spending extra 5-10 minutes in finding the right type of ATM.

ATMs of PNB, Karnataka bank and Development Credit Bank (DCB) are also crap and must be avoided. On the other hand ATMs of Citibank, Kotak, Yes Bank and HSBC are OK.

I am more scared of cloning of cards. A few people were caught, but not before they had off a few lakhs (different cases). A couple of the reported cases happened in areas adjoining area where I live.

TOI Article

This was some really good detective work

Planning, guesswork and prompt action helped bust a gang that used skimmers stuck in an ATM to steal data and clone cards in the city, police have said.

The kingpin, a Canadian citizen from Sri Lanka named Umesh alias Shorty, and four others were arrested on Thursday. Three luxury cars were recovered from the gang, police said adding that the gang had stolen .32 lakh using cloned credit and debit cards in the past six months.

Now, the good work -

The 64 complainants, police found, had used an ATM in Kilpauk at one point of time. Based on the time of withdrawal of money using the cloned cards, police contacted all mobile service providers for details of calls made and received from the ATM immediately after withdrawal of clash. They found a pattern and narrowed down on Umesh's phone.

"All the victims said they had used the particular ATM. We collected details of incoming and outgoing calls from all service providers and narrowed down on the time factor based on the withdrawal of cash by the accused from the particular ATM in Kilpauk.

Of the thousands of calls made from there, we zeroed in on the suspects through elimination. The gang members had called a particular mobile number regularly after one of them withdrew money from the ATM," a police officer said.

I usually use a parking account for cash withdrawals. Even if there is fraud, my losses would be minimal.

Although, I guess not a official word. As the name suggests, its a temporary place to park/keep your money till the time you go and withdraw. Transfer from main a/c to this a/c & withdraw from this a/c. Money is mostly less or nil all the time in that account. Like your car at parking spaces at a mall you can say, its not there always or there for a short while till you shop.

I got the money from that botched transaction. Security Guard was a honest chap.

Exactly! I have this account just for this purpose - transfer money when I need to withdraw (NEFTs happen same day anyway) and more often than not I withdraw small amounts so its usually very convenient

I got the money from that botched transaction. Security Guard was a honest chap.

Wow! This side of the country, that's quite something.

I just know that I have a SBI savings account that I opened two years ago. Maybe it's closed now, I am not sure.

Did you have min. balance? If so, they would not have closed it just like that without informing, in fact they will inform in either case. Also, it is not a good idea to let account balance go to negative balance and all. Though, we might have not reached the level of US in credit rating and all. All financial agencies are now reporting & depending on CIBIL & they will be tracking your credit history, which might have a negative rating because of the account.

May be depends on the cities SBI is pretty good in my city though they have poor customer supports at branches.

Yup. Always shut down bank accounts properly!

Absolutely.. I was careless about one of my icici ac for more than two years and they were sending statement and after deactivation of ac they sent me atleast 6 reminder about the negative balance warning at my place, that time i was working in hyd so never took seriously..

After 2 year i got notice like paper from bank and. I have to pay something around 2300 bucks to close the ac..

I learnt 2 things.. always close your ac with bank, mobile or broadband provider properly.

What will you do if they send legal notice after 20 year and ask to pay some lac rupee to close your ac... Lol 😀