Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Check Asus Chromebox 3 Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Paytm

Asus announces Chromebox 3 at CES, with 8th gen Intel Core chip and USB Type-C

ASUS Chromebox 3

ASUS Chromebox 3 is the latest addition to the ASUS Chromebox family and is powered by an 8th Generation Intel Core processor and DDR4-2400 memory for faster, smoother and more energy-efficient performance. It is equipped with a versatile USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port for quick data transfers, dual-band 802.11ac WiFi and Gigabit LAN for faster streaming along with DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity for 4K UHD video playback. ASUS Chromebox 3 will also support Google Play.

zk4dzKP.png

Check Asus Chromebox Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Paytm

ASUS Debuts Chromebox 3 With Killer Specs, 8th Gen Intel Core i7 And 16GB RAM | HotHardware

ASUS unveiled a new mini PC built around Google's Chrome operating system with full support for Android apps from Google Play. The new Chromebox 3, as it's called, sports some impressive hardware inside a NUC-like chassis, including to an 8th generation Intel Core i7-8550U processor. It's a burly chip based on Intel's Kaby Lake Refresh (Kaby Lake-R) architecture with 4 cores and 8 threads clocked at 1.8GHz to 4GHz, with 8MB of L3 cache.

Other processor options include the Core i5-8250U, Core i3-7100U, and Celeron 3865U, depending on the buyer's power needs. Systems like this have a wide range of uses, whether it's running dual displays for high-level multitasking, or as a plug-and-play media player for digital signage in Chrome Kiosk mode. With regards to the latter, one of the selling points is that the Chromebox 3 can be remotely manged. It also has an automatic update feature.

Users can install up to 16GB of RAM in the Chromebox 3. For storage, capacity options range from 32GB on up to 256GB by way of a SATA-based M.2 form factor solid state drive. Those are the gumstick-sized SSDs, though in this case they shuttle data through the SATA bus and not the faster PCI Express bus. Even so, SATA-based SSDs are far faster than even the speediest mechanical hard drives.

8hA0GeX.jpg