Assembly Language And Computer Architecture

aryan185

Hi people,I really want to know about a good book on 8086 assembly language. A book which will make a dumbest person like me understand it and master it. I also want want to find a good book on computer architecure.I am in delhi and i am open for a person to teach me throughout the MCA course, i am willing to pay for it too. If anyone is interested please give me the contact details.Thanks

seshu

Listener
Regulars
^ are you on MCA correspondence course ?if you are on a regular MCA course then bestGuidance can be given by your Faculty .you need to put your details (with mail IDs)in your profile sothat intersted members cancontact you . Personal Messaging at presentis not allowed for a newbie . And it is not safeto post the contact details .

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Instead of looking for a book, try looking for a "problem" that you can solve with 8086 assembly. For example, try creating a TSR program that pressses F2 every 10 seconds so that you never loose your work while editing things in Turbo Pascal / C++.

aryan185

I am doing my MCA from IGNOU, so clearly guidance is a big problem, since no regular study and faculty.people who are interested can contact me from my profile.

seshu

Listener
Regulars
^ if you need face to face teaching then contact a MCA completedperson / senior near you . The councellor at your IGNOU study center can guide you . And you may advertise for a MCA tutor inLocal News Papers . ______________________________________________________[OT] I'd suggest to remove your mail ID at the above post and put it in your profile .

gregory house

philosopher-in-chief
Regulars
Never thought some one in this forum would be interested in assembly language. If some one is interested, these are the things you need to write a working win32 program in assembly language:

1. masm32.com -
Microsoft Macro Assembler and Linker. Even MSVS2005 uses this (one linker to link them all).

2. Iczelion's Win32 Assembly Homepage -
The one who taught me assembly language, and taught it well.

3. WinAsm Studio, The Assembly IDE - Free Downloads, Source Code -
For the beginner and the nerd; an IDE to help you write assembly programs, assemble it and link it.

4. Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manuals -
Detailed information on every instruction supported by every x86/x64 intel processor ever released. You can write your own assembler/ disassembler using this information (and some information on the Microsoft PE/COFF formats).

5. OllyDbg v1.10 -
The best 32-bit debugger on the planet (C/ C++ programmers, go away).

6. DataRescue Home Page : home of the IDA Pro Disassembler and of PhotoRescue -
The best disassembler on the planet. Demo version is available which is more than enough for normal use.

You don't need anything else.

max

Regulars
Regulars
dear house, clearly you've missed the date of this thread. Its MORE THAN A YEAR OLD :p

ques4ques

First read GAONKAR's book on microprocessor(8085).You can then go for Doughlas Hall's microprocessor- TATA MC GRAW HILL.Brey's microprocessor book from PRENTICE HALL INDIA is also good.All these are printed in india n so cost is ok

rachit_1804

Regulars
Regulars
the thread starter ashish has posted only twice & that too in this thread so i think he must have stopped visiting this site.anyways but @topic i studied 8086 from john uffenbeck (hope the spelling is right) & i found it to be very good& for assembly programming masm (refer gregory house's post)