Asianet FTTH connection: Discussions

Even with WiFi router, login is needed(in case of most plans). configuring on router is easy. choose connection as static and give IP, Subnetmask and gateway which are given by your cabletv franchisee. use a router and configure dhcp for lease (How-to's are available everywhere). use Google DNS or DNS advantage, opendns, tata etc.

There isn't much to check. And.. don't buy cheap D-Link WiFi routers. they fails randomly. BTW, how much did they charge for ONU and ftth connection?

"Kerala Vision" also offers FTTH

Any chance you can get me to some details on this please ?

I used to have 2 Mbps unlimited.

I am sorry. I mistook this to be Railwire Broadband section.

Hi Prakash,

I'm from Pathanamthitta and recently took the Asianet FTTH connection from our local Asianet cable tv operator. There is a plan Heavy Surfer unlimited 1010 (1MB no FUP) and there won't be any login issues (it need no username and password as other plans).

I'm planning to setup a wireless router as they (Asianet) only provided me with a Wired ONU and need to manually configure the IP in the network settings for every PC connected. Could you please shared the settings needed like gateway, subnet mask, DNS servers etc so that I can configure the wireless router correctly and also could you please suggest a good router too 😉. Thanks in advance.

Are you still using the plan? I am using Heavy surfer 898 with 2mbps till 20 Gb and 512 post fup. I am looking for a true unlimitted plan like yours. Please share your feedback

The available plans and monthly cost:
8144806200ace5641c28ca1ae0c3b5da861890d98ce5bace5853b4893ec8824084ec77b7.jpg