Asianet Dataline Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter broadband?
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 149
  • Views Views 144,267
2600 mb free 2am-8am unlimitedbut disconnects most of the timestaking total disconnection time in hrs on an average 10-12 days no net avail

I took one today. Changed from BSNL. I am getting 10+mbps. Here is it.
https://www.speedtest.net

Actually it was 4mbps as per asianet, but i get more than 13 mbps. I was using bsnl 500 plan.

Plan Details

Plan 475

Rs 475/month

Free usage: 2600mb

Night unlimited: 2am-8am

Offer: Pay 24 months get 6 months free + 50% extra on monthly usage. (You get 2600+1300=3900mb/month)

Actually it was 4mbps as per asianet, but i get more than 13 mbps. I was using bsnl 500 plan.

Plan Details

Plan 475

Rs 475/month

Free usage: 2600mb

Night unlimited: 2am-8am

Offer: Pay 24 months get 6 months free + 50% extra on monthly usage. (You get 2600+1300=3900mb/month)

Well i am using The Same Plan , My name is Shyam and I am from Cochin , I have a doubt , recently i changed the plan from WOW249[OLD PLAN - 2-6 AM FREE ] to this plan a month ago , The Speed was Consistent @489 Kbps Download Speed ,But now during the time of Onam , The speed is pathetic ,actually 8kbps or less[during Night time 2 - 8am ]. Is this Asianet's Doing ? And also 1 more thing , I paid Asianet 15months altogether, i am supposed to get 25% Data Extra right ? But they told me that it's already included in 2600 MB , That is Total Data Transfer Limit is 2600 MB , Pls Help !!

The speed 489 kbps download rate show you are using 4mbps connection. Go check speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Ya am also getting lower speed at night. 1mbps-2mbps.

According to the offer, you should get

pay 12months get 25% extra + 3 months free.

That is, 2600 + 650= 3250 mb/month. And 12+3=15months.

You can use 3250 per month. Don't bother about the allotted limit there. It already written (* Extra free usage for Lumpsum / Special scheme customers etc
will be over and above the free allotted limit. )

So you can use 3250mb per month. If you have still doubt call customer care.

The speed 489 kbps download rate show you are using 4mbps connection. Go check speed at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Ya am also getting lower speed at night. 1mbps-2mbps.

According to the offer, you should get

pay 12months get 25% extra + 3 months free.

That is, 2600 + 650= 3250 mb/month. And 12+3=15months.

You can use 3250 per month. Don't bother about the allotted limit there. It already written (* Extra free usage for Lumpsum / Special scheme customers etc
will be over and above the free allotted limit. )

So you can use 3250mb per month. If you have still doubt call customer care.
Thanks a lot for ur help ............ it's very much appreciated and about the speed at night atleast u r getting 1mbps , i am getting 8kbps Download speed slower than the dial up.....that's what i am upset about....well thnks again
https://www.speedtest.net

Go complaint at customer care. You should get minimum 256kbps that is 15-18kbps download rate.Whats your day speed?

Well The Day speed is good at 400 - 500 kbps download speed [4Mbps] , well i will try to complain about it , then again they will surely say "it's because there are so many users logged in free night time" , why bother ? i asked them about it so many times ...🙁

Tell that 256kbps(15-18kbps download rate) is the minimum speed they guaranteed. Minimum standard for broadband as per TRAI is 256kbps.

speedtest is wrong most of the times. did u test it again? what is the actual speed u getting while downloading using a download manager?

As i told i get low speed during night unlimited time. Also haven't seen any speed from download managers at other time. When i download a test file from asianet server i get 1mb/s download speed.