Asian Server Ping issues

ISP
Airtel Xstream
i am creating this new thread for issues related to asian server pings that many of us have been facing for quite a while. I play online video games so pings matter to me a lot. I am facing this ping issue specifically in a game called Rocket Leauge.
This is not related to just singapore servers or servers hosted on microsoft azure as another user has mentioned in another thread created on similar lines.

i request you all to please post your ping as well as tracert results as well as your isp and state in which you live. It would help in pinpointing the problem.

i suggest you guys to use winmtr as it shows both pings as well as trace route results in one window.

My location : New Delhi
My isp : excitel

game in which i am facing this issue : Rocket League

server ips :

1) 103.23.210.172 ( singapore ) - my avg ping 200ms

Source

forums screenshot uploader is broken i guess. wont let me upload another picture and when i try to manually insert a picture with imgur link, it throws a "something went wrong, contact admin" error

2) 203.195.123.132 ( singapore ) - my avg ping 222 ms

Source

3) 116.206.72.130 ( taiwan ) - my avg ping 305ms

Source

now a simple solution would be to just buy a VPN but a good quality vpn costs something like 10$ a month. Now it wont make sense for me to spend that much just for a game that i play for around an hour everyday. I have tried windscribe vpn and sure if i buy only 1 location then it will be like 2 $ a month but then my experience with windscribe was bad. I was getting disconnected between my games.
i have tried tigervpn as well. it worked flawlessly but it costs 11$ a month.
so i hope this thread will get attention and people will comment with their results so that we, who are affected by this issue will be able to contact our isps and hopefully get this fixed.

a.png

b.png

c.png

My traceroutes on Airtel Backbone. The last Taiwan one isn't too bad compared to TATA.

For first two of my traceroutes, the traffic is going to DE-CIX France then back to Singapore.

In your case, the second IP (203.195.123.132) , traceroute is going to Chennai to Singapore to Hong Kong then back to Singapore?
with third IP (116.206.72.130) traceroute is going to Chennai to Los Angeles then back to Taiwan.
Don't get why the ping is spiking with first IP

I'm seeing around the same pings as you are getting even with VPN enabled. Looks like a server side routing issue since the same issue is there on both Airtel and TATA backbones. If anyone has Jio Fiber , please try tracerouting these IPs.

Thanks

Last edited:
Similar pings as you and the traceroute are also exactly the same. (Will attach winMTR ss later it is taking quite some time to complete)

Excitel, New Delhi

With Nord VPN the pings drop drastically.

Sure.
Results with nord vpn (Connected to india #41 server)
1) 103.23.210.172 ( singapore ) - avg ping 88ms
traceroute

PfhO1Oq.png

2) 203.195.123.132 ( singapore ) - avg ping 88/89 ms
traceroute

sQLFkfr.png

3) 116.206.72.130 ( taiwan ) - 265 ms
traceroute

UjTIRoF.png

Also how long does winmtr take to run? Its taking longer than manually running ping + traceroute xD

Weird that Nord is taking flag route on 203.195.123.132 and Tata on the rest

Mtr usually takes a 3 seconds or so for me

why is that pings to both the singa servers are messed up. both on tata's routing as well as airtels routing when nordvpn who is on tata's routing is getting 80-90ms to these servers.
makes no sense to me
also i am assuming pings to taiwan server is messed up for all of india

really sad to see that people are not willing to come up as a community and contribute with their findings. maybe they are not affected by this issue right now. very sad.