Ark Linux

popcorn

[OP]
Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
I heard a lot of Ark linux and it has released a new version on 9th dec which i am downloading ... and it is ment to be very simple and easy to use for guys who know only windows....any idea how is it?

prathapml

Mjölnir
Regulars
Aug 27, 2004
Bangalore
Ark Linux 2005.2 is good.Good hardware support, good package selection, only one CD is really essential (the 3 other CDs are optional), the installer is easy for windows-converts....Its got only two problems though:1. The Installer is not able to make use of USB mice, so you need to use a PS/2 mouse atleast till u finish installing it.2. The partitioning tool (QTparted, in this distro) is buggy - you better do the partitioning with partition-magic or some such tool, & just directly do the mount-points & formatting alone, during Ark setup.Its day-to-day usage is impeccable (no sudden problems), & visually appealing to the windows user as well.

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
one word - excellent. Do try vector linux too :)

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
it is. but for people with slow connections and wannabe Linux users its great! :D

popcorn

[OP]
Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
I tried it yesterday.. good installation and fast with many simple features..good multimedia support.....unlike ubuntu!overall good....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sushubh Linux 0
Sushubh Apps 0
IBF Apps 1
Sushubh Linux 0
gambit Linux 3