Argo

Last edited:
Movie deviated from quite a few facts like telling that british and new zealand embassies turned them away infact they helped the six people. the ridiculous plane chase incident which never happened.Overall a very over-rated movie which again shows that ben affleck doesn't knows acting.It was slow paced which could have been turned into a fast paced thriller.

Still a good one time watch nonetheless.

The movie is certainly watchable once.

Did you debate the pros and cons of adding airport suspense to the ending?

"It was in the script when I got it. Not only was that sequence in the script, but it was something very rare which was the intercuts, at which line, at which moments, it was written like a director and it was really good. I knew that if I just plainly shot it exactly as written it would work, because it was making me feel tense just reading it. Chris was kind of masterful at constructing that.

I think it’s okay to have that. They actually did go to the airport. The flight was delayed. There was a lot of anxiety, but it was all internal anxiety. So as a filmmaker, as a writer, how do you make that legitimate anxiety kind of external? I thought that was a really smart way to do it on Chris’ part. I think the kinds of things that are really important to be true are, for example, the relationship between the U.S. and Canada, right? It’s a really meaningful time in the history of these two countries where the United States stood up collectively as a nation and said, 'We thank you, we appreciate you, we respect you and we’re in your debt.' which is to me profoundly moving. I think Canada heard that and saying, 'You harbored our people so that they could live in Tehran. Others weren’t up to it for various reasons. We owe you that.' The U.S. and Canada have a complicated relationship that goes back and is a result of many different factors, but this was one moment that was a clear crystallization of the best that it could be. That is accurate. That is real. That is a perfect representation of what it was."

Ben Affleck Talks Argo, the True Story, and His Cast