Are you #HDed yet ?

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 8, 2008
Kolkata
Hi All,With the recent advent of HD TVs, HD channels are not far behind. And Dish TV claims to offer 42 HD channels! (Or services, I must say). So how many of you are availing the HD services from Dish TV ? As far as I know, these are the only True HD channels which Dish TV has as of now :(1) Discovery HD World,(2) Nat Geo HD,(3) Nat Geo Adventure HD,(4) Nat Geo Wild HD,(5) Movies Now HD,(6) Travel XP HD.And where are the 'AsliHD' channels from the Star package ? (Star Plus HD, Star Gold HD, Star World HD, Star Movies HD) Dish TV still did not add these channels and instead are providing a bunch of channels that are 'upscaled' from SD to HD !!! :OSo how many of you are using this "upscaled" TruHD services from Dish TV ? :wink:Thanks !

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 8, 2008
Kolkata
@devx101,I am currently using the SD services from Dish TV and things have been fine however I guess the HD services are not doing that well !

devx101

Senior
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
@devx101,

I am currently using the SD services from Dish TV and things have been fine however I guess the HD services are not doing that well !

sd has no problems, good prices/decent service but their HD offerings are pathetic. 1. they are committing the maha upscaling fraud/40HD services !!
2. have to take the highest pack for hd connection 3. no universal remote

rajadeep

Regular
Regulars
Nov 9, 2007
Mumbai
Dish Karro par HD channels ki wish mat karo :D... I myself am on Dish SD & dont think I might be able to switch as the main person in our home who watches TV is my Mom & she loves the Khana Khazana channel :)...

devx101

Senior
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
Dish Karro par HD channels ki wish mat karo :D... I myself am on Dish SD & dont think I might be able to switch as the main person in our home who watches TV is my Mom & she loves the Khana Khazana channel :)...

yeah..my mom forced me to start the food food channel as a top-up in ADTV, most probably it is the same as zee khana khazana in terms of content. now 27*7 i only see a khadai in the :eek: TV.

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 8, 2008
Kolkata
Food Food, Food First & Khana Khazana are all cooking channels. @rajadeep, You will still be able to watch Khana Khazana even if you switch over to Dish HD.@devx101, Haha, I understand that. Back in my school days I too have gone through the same situation.