Are my SNR values ok?

• Thread starter Thread starter sujithblrr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,040
nimi20 said:
exchange is about 3.5 KM , so not much can be done about that ? . I am asking because I am having frequent disconnection and sometime slow connection
Are you sure about that? The line distance can be (much) more than the actual road distance in some cases. If you're sure, then your line is faulty. Get it changed.
ssparikshya said:
what to do nothing is happening no one listens
Contact the GM of your city. Fetch contact details from Google / BSNL website. Don't waste your time with clerical staff.

ok , and @X720 , yes
iChaitanya said:
Are you sure about that? The line distance can be (much) more than the actual road distance in some cases. If you're sure, then your line is faulty. Get it changed.

Contact the GM of your city. Fetch contact details from Google / BSNL website. Don't waste your time with clerical staff.
plz give me the link of that

In that case, wait for them to respond. If you aren't happy with the response, then contact circle GM.

I have two adsl modem ,kindly suggest which one is better to use .....
WA3002G4

Downstream Upstream SNR Margin (dB): 9.8 25.0 Attenuation (dB): 37.5 19.1 Output Power (dBm): 12.4 19.3 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 6652 1048 Rate (Kbps): 4712 509

MOTOROLA 3347
SNR Downstream Margin: 2.50 SNR Upstream Margin: 25.70 Attenuation Downstream: 35.30 Attenuation Upstream: 19.80
CONNECTION STATUS: Qwest Broadband:CONNECTED 5137 / 509 KBPS
ISP Status:CONNECTED

Both are poor. Modem doesn't play a role in SNR (mostly), it is the line condition. And with monsoon all over India going strong and water logging, it could be something with your line. Get your line checked.