Are Maintainance Charges Official?

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 5,972
Haha why dont we make a CTO thrad sticky so everyone can write a review of cto in their area along with his name and full address 😛 > Maybe accidently some cto's come to this forum and enjoy reviews on him 😛

start one with your CTO and i will make it sticky.

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 10 2005, 08:12 PM
maintenance charge it not official!!! if it had been, it would be equal everywhere and every CTO would charge that...mine doesn't, a single penny, as of date...don't know about the future  :huh:

[snapback]12032[/snapback]
[/quote]

mine too,doesnt charge a paisa 😀

Mine diesn't charge, but guyz the charge is official.The brochure that Sify gave me says:"Local Operator may charge Maintenance charges extra"This brochure is reallllly old (Last April) but it does spell it out.

Yes . Customer care people told me that the minimum maintainance charges are 100 rupees. Seems there is a MRP for Sify too.PS: MRP= Minimum Retail Price !

dear kumar.... i was reading some other thread where sify guys say that their latest terms & condition are at the bottom of their site... broadband.sify.com. The question is that they are not concerned of the past terms & condition, they only refer the present terms & conditions hence all past promises are just waste. Please guys rethink.......

What promises did they make in the past that have been abolished now if any?

^bump^sorry, but i had to ask this.Do any of you receive a proper bill for this maintenance charge?I get a normal receipt for Rs 100 that looks like a bill, it doesn't bear/mention the CST no or any details that indicate the company is registered. I think these guys don't pay taxes on this or do they?

taxes and cable guys have no connection from what i know. these guys oughta pay service taxes...

so, if suppose they do give me a proper bill would they be charging like over 100 bux?you know they may think "oh yeah this guy is actin smart, he needs a proper bill, so give him one, add to it the service tax that we pay and send it"

well what u can do is ask for a bill with service charges included in it. than use it as a business expense and save some tax for urself. he pays the service tax or not is not going to affect you... if u know someone in service tax department, a complaint would be great... my dad is in VAT. that wont help me getting these CTOs in line 😉

if our do that i would go back to dial up end restirc my self to just cheking mail and spaming sify.or take them to court as i already made my mind about that evan if i pay just 30/rupee.because their catlogue is with MRP i know nothing about maintence charges