Are games like World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 online banned in India?HELP!

• Thread starter Thread starter Purav Sinha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,610
the govt wants $100M to launch WoW in India ??? !!!! seriously ?? ROFLMAO

read this.it was created by a reliance employee acting like he was blizzard.I never said the government DID in fact ask for it.I don't know the truth.Thats why I am asking here.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/relaincehoax.png/

What a story!

err I have atleast 8 friends who play wow on the US server(official blizzard server) & they have never had problems with anyone... 3 are on MTNL & rest on airtel... As another poster stated post screenshots or this never happened...PS did a google search for "world of warcraft banned in india" & only this forum thread turns up in the result... no other result related to this topic... Are u so imp that 3-4 ISP will write to u about playing WOW & not the other 100s of players??? Also a Company like Blizzard will never state in an email that the Indian Govt asked them to pay 100 mil as that is something that can get them sued... Also its kind of stupid to write something like that in an Official email... LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE 😛 ...

err I have atleast 8 friends who play wow on the US server(official blizzard server) & they have never had problems with anyone... 3 are on MTNL & rest on airtel...

As another poster stated post screenshots or this never happened...

PS did a google search for "world of warcraft banned in india" & only this forum thread turns up in the result... no other result related to this topic... Are u so imp that 3-4 ISP will write to u about playing WOW & not the other 100s of players??? Also a Company like Blizzard will never state in an email that the Indian Govt asked them to pay 100 mil as that is something that can get them sued... Also its kind of stupid to write something like that in an Official email... LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE 😛 ...

Of course I am not important.(read the email I posted it in the image)I think that I am one of the few who were targeted by reliance employees to get money from.Only reliance tried this fake email thingy...other ISP's only called me up and disconnected me when I was playing.They said I was crashing their servers:O

Maybe it's just Pune where it may be happening.

Do you any WoW or starcraft players from Pune I can ask?

I am sure that reliance hacked my computer and screwed it up.Blizzard would never do anything like that.And the government won't do this sort of thing.

Of course I am not important.(read the email I posted it in the image)I think that I am one of the few who were targeted by reliance employees to get money from.Only reliance tried this fake email thingy...other ISP's only called me up and disconnected me when I was playing.They said I was crashing their servers:OMaybe it's just Pune where it may be happening.Do you any WoW or starcraft players from Pune I can ask?I am sure that reliance hacked my computer and screwed it up.Blizzard would never do anything like that.And the government won't do this sort of thing.
Err help me understand something here... How the F do u no that it is reliance sending u these fake emails... Either u are too naive or just acting stupid coz nowhere in these "emails" can I see any reference of u having to pay the money to reliance... These emails make no reference to reliance info at all... Also why would reliance even bother hacking ur acct... Here is what I think happened... You played wow for sometime & ur acct got hacked... Imidiatly as An ignorant fool u started to blame the ISP for the hacking(like ur measly online acct is worth so much)... Now what I think u didn't even think about considering is looking into the line where as in some frnd of urs hacked into ur acct... I have played INRO (another older MMORPG) for 4 yrs and according to my exp it's almost always ur closest frnds in the game who hack ur acct... Have been hacked at least 3 times in that game... And for heavens sake stop being so naive...

And they even tried to hoax me.They HACKED my computer,and ****ed up my OS.I had to format and re-install windows.This was the reliance master plan.They wanted 15,000 $ from me.

Just look at the address its blizzard.entertainment@live.in Its obviously fake so I didn't fall for it.

Here is the upload of the email....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/relaincehoax.png/

I have 5-10 such mails which I received constantly bugging me to pay thousands of dollars.I contacted blizzard and they said they had no record that they sent these mails.

'we are autorised to take control of your system through internet.' 😱

Why, in a million years, would Reliance 'hack' your computer? Don't they have better things to do instead of demanding $15000 from a guy who plays WoW?

You seem to have used the term 'hack' quite loosely. What exactly did they do? Remotely control your PC, mess up your System 32 folder, start a deluge of pop ups?

I'm 99% sure that this is a troll thread, but I'm bored. So, yeah... :bored:

he just got phished , do a google search for WoW phishing scams . as for isps that is BS, must not be on unlimited plan must be on metered ones that is why the huge bills , WoW updates are huge some 5 to 6gb only , B/W during play is normal.

yea..that seems to be the case...its an online phishing scam....and he's not on unlimited plan.....Bro....once check with ur ISP...u in limited or unlimited plan!

'we are autorised to take control of your system through internet.' 😱

Why, in a million years, would Reliance 'hack' your computer? Don't they have better things to do instead of demanding $15000 from a guy who plays WoW?

You seem to have used the term 'hack' quite loosely. What exactly did they do? Remotely control your PC, mess up your System 32 folder, start a deluge of pop ups?

I'm 99% sure that this is a troll thread, but I'm bored. So, yeah... :bored:

Explain to me why I would come here on this forum to "troll"?Do I get free internet for doing this?Or will Ambani come here and tell me it wasn't them who hacked my computer?

They messed up the core Windows files.I couldn't even access Safe Mode.I had to format and re-install Windows again.

----------

yea..that seems to be the case...its an online phishing scam....and he's not on unlimited plan.....

Bro....once check with ur ISP...u in limited or unlimited plan!

Yes I always had the highest plan available to home users(which is unlimited).

I agree it is an online phishing scam,but I am just asking whether it was a reliance employee from pune who screwed up my OS?No one else had direct access to my IP address!It was not a virus or malware attack,they just directly shut my computer down for good.

but I am just asking whether it was a reliance employee from pune who screwed up my OS?
No.
No one else had direct access to my IP address!It was not a virus or malware attack,they just directly shut my computer down for good.

Blatant misconception. Once you're on the Internet, anyone and everyone can find out your IP. You've got a phone-home malware.

tl;dr of the thread: You got a phishing mail, your system is infected with and you're blaming it on Reliance and ignoring the malware threat. get some decent anti-malware tools & Antivirus & get it scanned. Better yet: Format your system to get rid of any crap that's there and start afresh

I got an email from Blizzard saying that the Indian government had asked them for a lot of money to launch the game in India and they had to pay around 100 million $ per year.... They each gave me bills over 50000 rupees each....

Dude, SERIOUSLY ?? :shock: Ok, considering Ur grievance 2 be legit; the only logical explanation of U receiving bills over Rs. 50000 is that U must've subscribed 4 a limited plan (probably, by mistake)..
Either that or U've been tricked mate, big tym....:tongue_smilie:

spybot search and destroy..malware bytes anti malware norton or kaspersky inter net security....scan with this softwares once just to be on safe side......i.e to remove malware