Are games like World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2 online banned in India?HELP!

• Thread starter Thread starter Purav Sinha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,608

Purav Sinha

ISP
Airtel
I got the online fantasy game called World of Warcraft from Blizzard Entertainment a few years ago.I have been playing for the last 1 year in India.However I have had a bad experience with all the broadband companies.I started with Reliance.First they sent an email that the government of India had issued a letter to them to block all people playing these kind of games.They hacked my WoW account,changed the password and threatened to sue me.So I canceled my reliance broadband connection and I never recovered my first WoW account.They billed me 55000 rupees,which I refused to pay.I bought WoW again.Then I subscribed to tata Indicom.After a month of playing,they called me up and said that my internet use was too heavy and my subscription would be canceled if I continued playing.So I had to quit using their connection as well.Then I used Airtel.After 2 months of playing,they also called me up saying that my "heavy use" was crashing their servers.And that it was affecting all the other users in my area as they were getting disconnected.Can you believe that one guy playing WoW will crash their huge server?I still can't believe it.And there's more.They said that they had contacted Blizzard entertainment and told them to pay money as I was playing from India and it was not allowed.I got an email from Blizzard saying that the Indian government had asked them for a lot of money to launch the game in India and they had to pay around 100 million $ per year.Blizzard refused because they could not pay so much as there were not enough WoW players in India.I also bought starcraft 2 last week,I've just started playing online,but not much.The main question is,are all these broadband companies cheating me out of a lot of money?They each gave me bills over 50000 rupees each which I refused to pay.The reliance case is still going on in court.I had no choice but to pay tata indicom and airtel.And why would the Indian government ban a few hundred WoW players in a population of 1.2 billion?I mean SERIOUSLY.....what difference does it make?

We have a member named Saarth Jauhari who used to play WoW.

He never complained about such an issue. Welcome to the forums anyway.

We have a member named Saarth Jauhari who used to play WoW.

He never complained about such an issue. Welcome to the forums anyway.

hey thanks for replying!

I wouldn't make this thread if this did not happen to me.Im so sick of all these problems!But I can't complain,no one would listen in India.90% people only use it for email and songs.

I wish I found this forum earlier,its too late now,Im screwed with a reliance case against me.

starcraft 2's T&C are that blizzard is renting you the copy of the game for personal use. They still own your copy. And personally what you are saying is squat about government of india. i know a lot of people who play official WOW and a couple of guys who play starcraft 2. maybe you should stop using torrents so much to keep your usage within limit.

I have used 4 different ISP's while playing WoW and have never faced these issues. Infact we installed WoW on Zapak computers (owned by reliance).Playing WoW is not very strenuous on your bandwidth.Do you play on official servers?

I don't understand: How did 3 different ISPs send you 50k+ bills when you were on a UL tariff plan? Is it that you were using a limited plan?

Most of it sounds fake. Only the part about him getting hacked sounds true.

.They said that they had contacted Blizzard entertainment and told them to pay money as I was playing from India and it was not allowed.I got an email from Blizzard saying that the Indian government had asked them for a lot of money to launch the game in India and they had to pay around 100 million $ per year.Blizzard refused because they could not pay so much as there were not enough WoW players in India.

you told Blizzard to pay money? What for? For you?

Also, pics else it did not happen.

According to him Reliance(Nexus of Indian spies), under the pretext of 'government regulation', blocked and hacked his WoW account and sent him a hefty bill, with the account as hostage.So he outsmarted them by getting a new account. Take that reliance. But the rot seems to run deeper.It seems the Indian govt asked Blizzard to start WoW servers in India but they refused citing lack of players. This infuriated the kings of India and they began purging WoW out of the lives of their subjects. They also imposed heavy taxes on traitors who continues to pursue thier WoW oriented objectives of questing, farming, raiding and trolling ogrimmar.Because of this playing from India isnt allowed so when the ISPs (terrorist spies of the Indian kings) found out that he was involved in WoW related activities they blocked the account and demanded Blizz pay them to release his poor kidnapped tauren or gnome. They also sent him a bill or Traitor TAX which was to the amount of 50000/-.But as we all know, Blizzard does not deal with terrorists.

starcraft 2's T&C are that blizzard is renting you the copy of the game for personal use. They still own your copy. And personally what you are saying is squat about government of india. i know a lot of people who play official WOW and a couple of guys who play starcraft 2. maybe you should stop using torrents so much to keep your usage within limit.

I don't download many torrents.Very few in fact.

But the patches of WoW are always huge(5 gb+).Maybe that caused me to exceed the limit.But I still had an unlimited plan.

----------

I have used 4 different ISP's while playing WoW and have never faced these issues. Infact we installed WoW on Zapak computers (owned by reliance).

Playing WoW is not very strenuous on your bandwidth.

Do you play on official servers?

Yes on the official servers of course.I had to quit raiding because I used to get disconnected a lot.The connection was slow as hell,yet they CALLED me up and told me I was having heavy usage.

----------

Most of it sounds fake. Only the part about him getting hacked sounds true.

Why on earth would I come here of all places?Can anyone just make this story up?I typed it rather furiously so it may not seem properly worded.

there is something very wrong with your story, i have played WoW in India from aitel and bsnl with no problems, and that too on Indian servers hosted from India !! and why and how could reliance hack your WoW a/c !!!! there are still many Indian guys hosting WOW servers from India dude , as i said there something very wrong , why in god name would Indian govt ask for money for online play from any company , there would be hundreds of thousands online gamers in India !!

And they even tried to hoax me.They HACKED my computer,and ****ed up my OS.I had to format and re-install windows.This was the reliance master plan.They wanted 15,000 $ from me.

Just look at the address its blizzard.entertainment@live.in Its obviously fake so I didn't fall for it.

Here is the upload of the email....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/34/relaincehoax.png/

I have 5-10 such mails which I received constantly bugging me to pay thousands of dollars.I contacted blizzard and they said they had no record that they sent these mails.