• Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 8,717

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I am considering getting a three star 1.8T unit from Daikin to replace my aging 2T Carrier AC.
I have just checked the prices online. I believe it would cost me in the range of 40-45K depending upon the source.
The 5 star model costs around 8-10K more.
Wanted an idea if it is worth it. Assuming it would last me at least 10 years, I would not mind paying a premium over Hitachi or other brands.

At my place I have installed stabilizer which elevates voltage from 90 volts, that is the situation in Uttar pradesh Guess what, there are times even that is failed at times

Upvote 0
a/c installed?
They started at 3pm. Disappeared to get a different compressor stand at 5. Just came back again. I practically fainted becoz of the heat. :-\ Now waiting for final stuff.

Upvote 0
Regular power cuts are not helping as well. They used the existing pipes as they were in good condition. Saved a couple of thousand rupees on that. Hopefully it doesn't hurt the performance of the ac.

Upvote 0
man. this stuff is complicated. the first post said that old pipes can kill the new compressor :
i have asked them several times already. clearly stating that i have no issues paying for new pipes or whatever. they say it is fine. :russianroulette:

Upvote 0
The installation guys are not that knowledgeable , they proabably have no idea about the difference between r22 & r410a

Upvote 0
AC is at least finally working. Cooling seems to be good. I would file a request with customer care to seek advice on piping related doubts : Worth it? Or should I ask him to do fresh piping tomorrow itself? I assuming, it would cause leak of gas (or whatever?) making it slightly more expensive for me?

Upvote 0
You should proabably get new pipes installed ,the customer care / service engineers have no knowledge , the AC will get damaged , there wont be any gas leak issues in reinstallation of pipes , they have a system to gather all the gas back to the odu

Upvote 0
R410A and R22 are COMPLETELY incompatible. The mineral deposits (oil) from the R22 built up inside the line sets turn the oil of the new R410A into an alcohol – and this wrecks the lubricating properties of the oil – and the compressor siezes on your brand new air conditioner.

Upvote 0
Daikin people will come for demo, you can then tell them to change the pipes.

How is the cooling? does it takes time initially compared to the normal a/c?

Upvote 0