• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,912

sean1880

Regular
ISP
tata docomo gsm, mtnl
Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) said in a statement today that it will bring Apple's iPhone to India, Singapore, Australia, and the Philippines this year. Meanwhile, Airtel issued a separate statement saying it will bring the iPhone to India. As it is, SingTel has a stake in Bharti Airtel so the iPhone via SingTel would be made available on the Airtel network in India.

What is curious though is that just last week, Vodafone said it is bringing the iPhone to India later this year, along with nine other countries including the Czech Republic, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Portugal, New Zealand, South Africa, and Turkey. In fact even Telecom Italia announced its deal with Apple to bring the iPhone to Italy in the second half of the year, which means the iPhone in Italy too will not remain exclusive to Vodafone's network.

If Vodafone and Airtel are both right, does that mean the Apple iPhone will be brought to India by two carriers? We at Techtree feel this could be the next step in Apple's strategy to do away with their exclusivity clause -- after Italy. Which would bring down prices of the iPhone considerably -- with both telcos vying for a larger share of the Apple pie in India. And for customers, it may well mean good times lie ahead... (source)

Yes. We are getting the iPhone on both the carriers. Only problem is... whether or not it will be the 3G iPhone or not?

india does not have 3g... so its not going to be of any use for Apple to bring the 3g version in india.

the 3g iPhone is most probably going to be announced on 9th june (source: rumours😗)

so long time to see it in india officially

it could infact come before that considering the reports say that iPhone is already out of stock in both UK and US markets.

Yeah, I think they will dump the non-3G stocks in India. Seems pretty obvious.

Anyway, whenever I read about hype about the iPhone, I always check out this article to get my chuckle of the day. Thought I would share it on this thread:
The iPhone is a piece of shit, and so is your face.

i think that person has ignored some points totally.

[*]a 3.5" screen which can make watching videos real fun
[*]the quality of ipod (in iphone) cannot be matched by the Nokia cell phones (& that is being said by a nokia user)
[*]the use of touch screen to juggle things, zooming, etc.
[/list]& more perhaps that i dont remember for the moment. also, i feel many of the disadvantages that he quoted may be eliminated by iphone 3g. somewhere i just felt that he is biased againt iphone...

he missed on one major point. the OS, the software and the user experience. now that's a subjective thing. Nokia has terrible os on their phones.

the oS in Nokia -symbian simply rocks its the best os for mobile devices